1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your opinions please

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by schlom, Apr 6, 2007.

1. schlom

schlom Member

Im just wondering if there is software that will reencode XVID's with a different aspect ratio. What I

would like to do is reencode my xvids to 16:9 ratio.

At the minute I am using convertx2dvd software for converting xvid to vob format. This is a nice piece

of software but quality does decline somewhat after conversion. I'm just wondering whats the best

piece of software for the conversion in your opinion taking quality into account.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Won't all the people look kind of squashed, and the car wheels look like eggs?

3. attar

attar Senior member

ConvertX will do it (if you set your TV format), but you should have a widescreen tv to watch them..

Re-encoding an AVI to DVD is never going to get better quality..much better to use a DIVX player once you consider the time invested in converting lots of AVI files.

4. schlom

schlom Member

ConvertX doesnt doesnt do any encoding the the aspect ratio. The 4:3 setting will still encode the borders.

5. attar

attar Senior member

ConvertX only asks about the aspect ratio of the TV screen that the movie will bee seen on.
    The aspect ratio of the movie will dictate if, for example, a 16:9 movie will be shown 'letterboxed' on my 4:3 aspect ratio TV or widescreen on my 16:9 aspect ratio TV.

6. schlom

schlom Member

when converting if i use 4:3 it will just do the whole screen of the xvid borders included!

7. attar

attar Senior member

The red arrow pointing to DAR (display aspect ratio) indicates that this video will have an aspect ratio of 16:9
    When you tell Convertx that your tv is 4:3 then the resulting dvd will have the black bars top and bottom (letterbox).
    If the DAR is 4:3 then the resulting dvd will fill your 4:3 screen.
    You cannot make a 4:3 video into a 16:9 video.

[​IMG]

8. cimike

cimike Member

hi everybody,
    i have a bad quality of all downloads.
    i used to have red/green lines all over the download or some white spots as i played them with a bs player. i've installed K-Lite Codec Pack . i don't have any red/green lines, but the picture is kind of blury and not really clear. how can i improve this?

on some downloads the picture is still bad (blury) and i have the right codec according to gspot. (it says: codec is installed).

the pic seems so be different every time i use another player. with bs-player was okay (white spots, but clean pic) and now with K lite codec pack it's blury.
    and when i burn it on a dvd the pics remains the same as it was on the pc (white spots or blury). what shuold i do? how can i get rid of this problem?

9. attar

attar Senior member

What are the names of the audio and video codecs?

Push button 1 and let 'GSpot' render the file.
    You should get messages saying 'Render OK'
    Press button 2, the video should start in a small screen.Does it look ok and sound ok?

[​IMG]

10. cimike

cimike Member

hi, i have i different gspot. i have a gspot v.2.21 and it looks different from your feature.

11. attar

attar Senior member