1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your project contains empty titles - Error message - Help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rnsmithad, Nov 6, 2005.

1. rnsmithad

rnsmithad Regular member

I have been trying to make a DVD-Video. The input is 3 files (VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_1.VOB -- wish I knew what these were) which were created by DVD Lab. It is a short 10 minute movie with a beginning title screen and a secondary chapter screen(s) which jumps to several places in the movie -- either 1 or 2 -- which has links that jump to several places in the movie.

I am getting an error message, after adding these 3 files to the Content screen with the "Add Video Files" option at the beginning of the process. As soon as I click Next, I get the following error message:

Your project contains empty titles. These titles will not be burned onto the medium.

In the Nero Content pane, two of the files VIDEO_TS and VTS_01_0001 do display "Video Title - oh 00m 00s" -- whatever that means.

After getting the above error and saying OK, Nero goes right back to (stays on) the same screen -- clicking Next again just repeats the sequence.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here. Is there something I can do in Nero to correct, or do I have to go back to the DVD Lab program and try it again (heve already done that at least 5 times with various selection menus).

Thnaks for the help -- obviously new at this since I don't even understand the reason for the 3 .VOB files and their significance.

2. rnsmithad

rnsmithad Regular member

OK, I will answer my own question -- Try Nero 7.

Well, Nero 7 doesn't complain about the empty titles that Nero 6 did -- and I can now get to the burn stage, but things still are not right.

I am using "Make DVD" in Nero. It was working for me (single files) until I created a movie with menus (with DVDLab). Now I have a VIDEO_TS, folder with 7 files in it (3-VTS_01_0, 3-VIDEO_TS and 1-VTS_01_1).

What am I supposed to do with this folder, with these files. Adding the VOB files to the "Make DVD" input window doesn't get me a movie with menus -- what am I doing wrong.

3. whompus

whompus Active member

Sounds like the dvd is already created in the folder. Check it with powerdvd or windvd or whatever you use on the comp for viewing by open dvd from folder.

If it plays like you want ( sounds like it will) then just open burning rom click on dvd video, new, then put all the files in that folder in the new dvd video and burn.

4. rnsmithad

rnsmithad Regular member

whompus-

Thanks for the help -- you nailed it. I had a little problem working through the Nero Burning ROM process, but the Manual had a quick 5-step tutorial at the beginning of it.

I just got Nero last week and haven't even scratched the surface on using it yet -- but I get the impression that it does just about everything. (Likewise with DVDLab and Womble video wizard, etc.)

I guess the worse thing is I still don't really understand the basic structure of (or what is needed to burn) the DVD -- i.e. these VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, along with the associated VOB, IFO and BUP files, as well as the VIDEO_TS and VTS file names. I realize that this is some sort of standard DVD structure that you recognized -- I have seen it before, but I didn't know what to do with it

Is there a good place to get a quick education on that stuff.

I'm in training (crash course) to help my father-in-law convert and store over 100 VHS home video tapes onto DVD, with maybe a little video editing and authoring thrown into the mix.

And any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks for the initial help.

5. whompus

whompus Active member

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ Here is as good a place as any to start. And better then a lot. Just remember when you start doing vhs to dvd for him you will be going to capture a file and author a dvd. Take a look at some of those guides and you will be well on your way.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005