1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your setting to make hq-recordings...

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mattman21, Jun 20, 2004.

1. mattman21

mattman21 Member

Hi to all...

I capture quite a lot TV-shows. Normally I capture directly to Xvid Codec. This is possible with the resolutions for SVCD & 640x480 with a CPU usage around 80%. But theres the lack of quality that I want. Lots of framedrops...
    What do you guys use... do u capture into MPEG2 and convert to Xvid then. Do you cut out the commercials before converting or afterwards? What audio compression do u use?

---> What is the best way to get a hq capture from a TV card <----

(I use a AMD Athlon 2600+ 512Mb RAM 160GB S-ATA HD - so no probs with performance... TV Card is a Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe, Audiocard Creative Audigy 2)

Thx Matt

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well most Poeple Don"t Capture Movies so they can make DivX/XviD files out of them cuz XviD/DivX is a pretty Useless format unless you want to watch movies on your PC or have one of those Players that support Mpeg-4 files...Most Poeple Make DVD"s or SVCD/VCD"s out of there Captured files so DivX or XviD doesn"t come into the equation....If you want to Capture the Highest Quality Movies use a Less compressed Format, Like Try the HuffYUV Codec, it is a 100% Lossless Codec so there is No quality loss through Compression but the Files are also very Large, About 500mb per Minute at full resolution...After Captureong the Files you can add filters to clean up any Noise and then encode the Captured files to XviD/DivX or if you want to watch them on your DVD Player encode them To Mpeg2 for DVD....