1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts/opinions on the new HP Envy 15?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mike.m, Sep 18, 2009.

1. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

I've been waiting for Voodoo to release a new laptop for years. This time they did it with HP. The specs on this laptop are just what I've been waiting for years. Could have been a little bit thinner for my taste, but I don't like that there is no optical drive. But considering the specs, and starting at $1,799, this laptop makes every other "high-performance" laptop seem weak and overpriced (Dell,Sony,Apple...).

What do you guys think, worth the money or not?

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

-It's got the econo-video chipset: the 4830HD
    -It's got a tiny 15" screen
    -These are the only specs that they post online, so I assume everything else is to these low standards, or even worse.
    -The only thing I like about HP laptops is the availablity of RAID, and this unit does not have it.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

4. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

I won't buy this laptop, but I just like it that we're starting to see core i7's in laptops for a decent price now. Still don't like the edge to edge class in the 13" model. Don't know why people like seeing reflections in their screen. Still think they could have squeezed in either a Mobility 4850 or 4870.