1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your view and comments about London 2012 Olympics/ Paralympics

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Darkhadou, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

The subject says it all, I personally think it's great and I don't mind the chocolate and stuff prices rising by 6p. My opinion was kinda dull but I wanna read yours :)

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Am really glad that the UK got the 2012 Olympics, it was my second choice after New York. But anyway UK lobbied hard and overcame all the others, and I am looking forward to a great show.

3. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

I think Paris had it in the bag until Jack Shiraque made that stupid comment about English food, thats rich coming from the country that eats frogs legs and snails. Im not being Racist, I like the french ;)

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Cuisine remark ("Brits have the worst food after Finns") didn't do very well in Finland either. I think the most hilarious thing was that one British newspaper analyzed yesterday that the remark could cost France dearly as Finland had 2 voting members in IOC.. Well, the vote was 54-50 for London ;-)

In case you didn't know, AfterDawn is a Finnish site..

Comment from Finnish EU commissioner Olli Rehn was along these lines "After the remarks by Mr. Chirac about British and Finnish kitchens, I congratulate London for getting the Olympics. And for France -- I love the country, even tho you make it sometimes extremely difficult to do so.." ;-)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I live in the US but I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Rehn.