1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

youtube being blocked

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by whiskey99, May 5, 2014.

1. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,I have a problem with my youtube videos being blocked,also when i do go to youtube my
    mouse has a blinking hour glass along side of it but when i go to my homepage the blinking for now goes away.
    I just started working with this WIN 7 OS so its that silly learning curve again any ideas why i have these problems would be appreciated,thanks

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

Try installing the latest adobe flash player for your browser.You never mentioned in the original post which browser you are using.Does the blinking go away after a while so you can actually watch any video? Have you tried any other video websites? If you are using IE go into settings/internet options/advanced/check box software rendering instead of GPU.If this is greyed out update chipset drivers and graphic card drivers.

3. tech-mess

tech-mess Newbie

It seems like Adobe Flash Player or latest version of Adobe Flash Player is not there on your system. As mentioned by richietea download and install the latest version of flash player and then try again.

4. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

Well here's what I have done, made my homepage I.E.,had to install FLASH PLAYER in I.E.
    now I can play youtube in I.E. no blinking hour glass so far,found out how to transfer all of my bookmarks to I.E..
    Then will transfer as much of what is in FIREFOX,then either uninstall F/F and reinstall F/F or not.
    One thing that is really annoying about F/F is in upper bar everything is almost gone (i.e. FIREFOX SYMBOL,the line with tools and such.

5. richietea

richietea Regular member

Right click the top of firefox then add menu bars,navigation and/or bookmarks.

6. tech-mess

tech-mess Newbie

I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. You might be working in full screen mode that's why your Firefox menu bar disappears. You can use the F11 function key to switch between full screen and normal display modes.

7. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i pressed view classic menu in FF and all menu bars are there, or click tools/show menus.
    you can reset firefox by going help/health reports and hit reset FF thats how i've done it.