1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

z61m laptop charging problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 75aces, Aug 14, 2010.

1. 75aces

75aces Regular member

Hi everyone.I'm having a charging problem with my Lenovo z61m. First off, my laptop was purchased in February 2007. The original battery lasted about 9 months and couldn't hold a charge. I went ahead and replaced the battery with an aftermarket 9 cell battery that was purchased from babatek. The only time I had the computer serviced was for a bad heat fan. That has been since reparied. The current issue is that the battery will not charge anymore. I tested it with a brand new battery, and the original battery. I let it charge overnight, and the battery meter showed 0%. The battery indicator light continually blinks orange. I'm hoping that someone out there can help me out. On a side note, I've been exploring this problem on the web, and some are saying that it's a software issue, while others are saying that it's a blown fuse on the motherboard. I'm not entirely sure if the later issue will be one to explore as the entire motherboard may need to be replaced. Thanks for the help and sorry for such a long post.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you checked with lenovo site to see if there is a charging issue with that laptop? old battery was still under warranty when you bought 3rd party battery.

3. 75aces

75aces Regular member

That is very helopful, unfortunately, my battery model isn't on the list of replacements. I wish it was.

4. 75aces

75aces Regular member

I even tried a different battery. No luck.