1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zattoo tv.. any ideas?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by zzorro, Jun 22, 2008.

1. zzorro

zzorro Member

hi all, found this programme the other day where you can watch tv like bbc itv etc on pc and its only a couple of secs behind normal tv.gave it to my dad who is in spain so he would be able to get english channels on pc but it only gave him spanish channels. is there anyway round this so he could get the english ones??
    here is the link if you want it. pretty cool i think, hardly any buffering.

2. zzorro

zzorro Member

sorry forgot to add the link.. here it is
    h**p://zattoo.com/

3. zzorro

zzorro Member

any ideas?

4. varnull

varnull Guest

I looked at this when you first posted it. there seem to be some options on the site for which channels you want when you sign up, otherwise why don't you sign him up from the UK and then send him the username and password? Most UK tv channels aren't available outside the UK because of stupid paranoia by the content owners about people "stealing" it.

I can't look any further than that because being in the UK it automatically gives me those options and the player requires shitty winblows api crap. It does look like quite a good service, but from Spain he will likely need to use a UK proxy to get access to UK content, which will screw it up completely.

5. zzorro

zzorro Member

cheers. he has tried my password etc but it still only gives him the spanish freeview channels. he is now looking into freesat but what a cheap alternative zattoo would have been for the brits out there. thanks again and if anyone else has ideas give us a shout. thank you