1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zelda Twilight Princess ISO Reading Problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by JuveFan, Dec 30, 2006.

1. roobster

roobster Member

damn so i just cant create an iso with power iso and burn crap so what external dol file im running a xenogc on my cube

2. Hert13

Hert13 Member

Not sure what you mean by "file form"!? I'm gonna guess that you mean it's a bunch of "rar" files or maybe gc.001, gc.002, gc.003...
    If so, it means that it's compressed and you'll need winrar to unpack it. Then you should be left with a 1.4GB .iso file (if it's a .gcm just rename it to .iso).

After you have your .iso, open Nero burning rom, close the "new compilation" windows, and click Recorder->burn image and burn.

P.S. As I said before, Nero 7 didn't work for me (crashed after the TV adjust screen), had to use Nero 6

3. roobster

roobster Member

hey by file form it has a bunch of winrar files in a folder

4. roobster

roobster Member

I think Nero 7 workr but i think you forgot to finalize the disk because it has been working for me with my xenogc

5. Hert13

Hert13 Member

I can't explain it, but I blame Nero7, burned it like 5-6 times with same results and it worked first time with Nero6.
    And I think you don't have a choice to finalise when burning an iso, the option is checked by default and you can't uncheck it...

Anyways it's cool you got it to work, it's an awesome game!

6. wdude

wdude Member

Hi everybody, I have read all your comments and I have a question that doesn't have maybe a lot to do with the topic, but I have noticed that you have already used backup copies of gamecube games and I have downloaded an iso and now I will copy it to a minidvd, but I have found out those modchip stuff and I don't have one and I doubt if I'll able to get one, now what I mean is that I noticed that many want to use PAL versions of backups in NTSC consoles and snes emulators in the gc but I only want to use backup in my gc and nothing more, I want to know if iso backups works without the modchip as you have experience in this, I am sure that you will not have problems responding, maybe you haven't prove it but I don't know, I'll would thank all of you eternally for this, thank you

7. roobster

roobster Member

no even if you have an image on the disk the gamecube has a way of finding if it is an original by making checks so one can soft mod the gamecube or put a mod chip in it to bypass these tests

8. wdude

wdude Member

thank you for the quick answer roobster. But what is that soft mod, i understand modchip but soft mod?

9. roobster

roobster Member

10. wdude

wdude Member

ok, thanks again