1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zen with iTunes???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by carlvo, Nov 3, 2006.

1. carlvo

carlvo Regular member

I recently purchased a Creative Zen and am trying to put music on it from my computer using iTunes. iTunes will not detect the Zen on either this computer or my laptop. Is there something I am doing wrong or does iTunes just not support anything but an iPod? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

~Carl

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Carlvo, welcome to the wonderful world of DRM and platform locking. Your exactly right. The only portable music player that iTunes supports is iTunes. So if you download iTunes and your music from the iTunes Music Store you basically have to get an iPod to listen to music. Stinks right? Personally, I use AllOfMp3.com to download my music and to sync my iPod I use MediaMonkey. It can sync to TONS of mp3 players including the iPod. Here is a list of all the plugins included with MediaMonkey and the mp3 players they support.
    http://www.mediamonkey.com/device-plugins.htm

Good Luck :)

3. carlvo

carlvo Regular member

Thank you PeaInaPod. Yes, I am definately starting to see why everyone dislikes iTunes and iPod so much. I was hoping it would have worked with iTunes seeing as how I have my whole library set up through it. But I also have my library set up in WinAmp. Will it work with the Zen? I tried it once with no luck. Will try it again and see. Please let me know if I'm wasting my time with WinAmp as well. I'm also going to d/l Mediamonkey and give it a whirl. Also will give AllofMP3 a try. Hoping to just can iTunes altogether. Rotten Apple!!!

Thanks again,

~Carl

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I honestly have no idea if your Zen player will work with Winamp. I am 99% sure MediaMonkey will work with your mp3 player. Here is a quote from there site talking about the WMDM plug-in (this is the one you would use for your Zen)
    If you have anymore questions or anything just ask. :) - Pea

5. travalon

travalon Regular member

i just plugged my xen extra in and poof instant sync. I did need to download a driver though.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

So I take it you had a pleasant first experience using MediaMonkey?

7. carlvo

carlvo Regular member

Actually, I'm just getting around to messing with it Pea. But yes, so far so good. seems to be working great!

Thanks again!
    ~Carl

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Cool well glad to hear it. If you have any problems let me know.

9. ferg66

ferg66 Member

I have been reading the above posts and I need some help please. I just brought my first mp3 player a creative zen M so I could download not only music but movies and TV. I would like to get them from itunes but as I read it doesnt support the zen. I have media window media player 11 is there a download out there so I could get the itunes on my zen M? Is that the mediamonkey? Please help I am having a little trouble understanding. Thankyou

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@ferg66

The only mp3 player that iTunes will sync to is the iPod (shuffle,video,etc.). Now to sync to any other player you will need to use some other software. If it was only to transfer musi to your Zen I would say use MediaMonkey, but it doesnt support video/video-syncing. So on that note I would say use whatever software came with the Zen M. And to buy movies and TV shows for the Zen, I have no idea were to start as I dont buy music online because DRM sucks, long live the CD!! lol :]