1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zenwalk-Live internet & keyboard help???

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by shanemb, Feb 4, 2008.

1. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

I just downloaded zenwalk-live and ran the cd from bootup and everything seems to be looking fine, but when i try connecting to the internet it says server not found bla bla bla, basically its telling me there is no internet connection, does anyone know whats wrong???

also when i type something its all over the place, the letter a might be o and the letter w might be 6 and so on for all the letters on the keyboard, can anyone tell me whats going on i dont get it???

I've tried a LAN connection and a WLAN connection and still no internet?

i have not made or changed any setting for anything, i just ran the cd from start up and cant get an internet connection.

2. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Get some known working network details for the computer or another computer on the network and just copy that. I don't know how to do it with that distro and couldn't be arsed searching for you, I'd suggest you go to the forums for that distro to find out how to. If it is available, try using (K)NetworkManager, probably in the tray already.

Is the keyboard consistent (ie, the "a" button always displays "o"), and what do the asdfg keys spell out? You might have it set up as dvorak? Need to know exactly what some keys should be and are actually giving.

3. varnull

varnull Guest