1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZingoTel FRAUD!! HELP!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DiRect, Jul 3, 2007.

1. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

They basically just screwed me over. This month I used a little more talk time then I have before, and guess what they did... they automatically ASSUMED that I was using their service for calls that were not residential, in other words, business... so without notifying me, I was upgraded to the Business Unlimited Plan and they started charging me for my calls per minute. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!! I signed up for RESIDENTIAL UNLIMITED (YES UNLIMITED TALK IN CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES), and this month my bill went from $17.10 to OVER $100... now it gets bad here. They have blocked my phone number so that I can't call them to ask for a refund or complain, although I have already canceled and they have blacklisted my email so I cannot contact them via email either. I want my refund!!

What do I do?

2. mdale81

mdale81 Member

I was a Zingotel customer.

Immediately cancel any financial accounts they have access to. I know this is a hassle, but it's well worth the time. They will continue to bill you repeatedly. I can't stress enough how important this step is in protecting yourself.

Secondly, find new phone service. Personally, I wouldn't even mess with trying to port your number. It takes them MONTHS to release the number and some people I've read about don't ever get their number back.

If you can get an RMA number from them, send their equipment back and make sure you have a tracking number to prove it was delivered. If you can't get an RMA number, just send it to the corporate address listed on their webpage, but still get a tracking number. CYA all the way.

Lastly, if you have the time and energy (and you're pissed off enough about it, like I was) report them to the BBB, FCC, and anyone else you can think of. THere are several web sites about scams, post about them there. The best place I've found is ripoffreport.com

I'm so sorry you had to endure them. They are a really bad, nasty company.

3. mdale81

mdale81 Member

And one more thing: Try calling them from a phone number they don't have on file. That's how I finally got through to the dirty rats.