1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zipped files on unleashX etc..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by magimech, May 7, 2006.

1. magimech

magimech Member

hey i zipped some of the .xbe files with file explorer with unleashX, and my friend made a disk of unleashX, i ran the disk and un-zipped the folders. i want to un-install the softmod and re-install it. the text is messed up so could someone tell me what it says and why i got a failure and what it should say! thanks

2. theridges

theridges Guest

aslong as you didnt delete the linux saves you can just pop the game you softmodded with in and remove the softmod...

3. magimech

magimech Member

I tryed that but it doesn't work for some reason. I have the softmod working now. I just cant read the freaking text for some reason. None of the files are zipped anymore. I was just wondering what i need to do do delete the softmod and re-install it. thanks for the help though

4. theridges

theridges Guest

thats the only way to fully and safely remove the softmod...what does it say when you put the game you softmodded it with in???you should be able to put it in and remove the softmod the same way you installed it..

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2006
  5. magimech

magimech Member

I used mechassault. when i put the game in, nothing happens. there isnt run linux or anything.

6. theridges

theridges Guest

does the game even load????launch dvd is the top option in unleashx or out the game in turn the xbox off it it dont boot the game right away just press x after you see the dashboard load up.....

7. magimech

magimech Member

yeah the game loads and everything. but it doesn't let me uninstall the soft mod for some reason.

8. theridges

theridges Guest

probably because of them files you altered i really dunno what to do since you cant see the screen.....my suggestion would to be ftp into your hd and fixed what you changed......

9. magimech

magimech Member

I know. its not a big deal or anything. I'm going to get a new hdd so i can just use this hdd for backing stuff up. I also tried taking the files from my friends xbox which is also soft modded, and ftp'd them over to my hdd. but it didn't work. it doesn't matter. thanks for your time and help

10. theridges

theridges Guest

your going to need your eeprom to upgrade you hd.....

11. magimech

magimech Member

I know there are alot of q's but how exactly do i do that?

12. theridges

theridges Guest

when you softmodded it asked you to back-up your eeprom and you chose yes hopefully...if you did then it is on your xbox hd in your E/Back up/ just ftp and copy it to the pc....

13. magimech

magimech Member

thats all i need to do is backup the eeprom on my pc?

14. theridges

theridges Guest

yes you will need that to upgrade your HD on a softmodded Xbox you will also need the C Drive

15. magimech

magimech Member

so how exaxtly do i upgrade it? so i need another soft modded xbox's c drive?

16. theridges

theridges Guest

17. magimech

magimech Member

k thanks