1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zippy+Book

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ZippyDSM, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

good job bro !!

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

thanks ^^

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Nice Zippy!

Did not know you were a writer too.

Good stuff. The best tip i was given, when first starting out was to "Make writing a habit." Incorporate the art into your daily life and it will make it easier. Even if you sit down for 2 hours and write random, nonsensical junk. Just doing it is the mental exercise neccessary to retain sharpness.

Good luck and keep us all posted.

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

It looks good Zip! I've always been a firm believer that "a pen is mightier than a sword". Keep it up!

6. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

todays my Bday as well....I is still 30 something :p

7. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Well...happy birthday then too!

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I forget if this is my writing project page or not I have re tweaked the synopsis,mods let me know if you rather me make new threads when I randomly update this or jsut post to ze old thread.
    ======================================

Let’s start from where the idea for Chronicles of the Lord of Power came from. I grew up in a poor but mostly clean suburban setting outside a large city there were plenty of wooded lots to play in and via games with the other children in the area. It was a simple pretend game set around all the fiction we could get our hands on and from those mash ups a foundation was formed. But it was not until years later the concept of the time and life wary traveler/warrior became clear. And through toying and pretending the older more travel wary warrior of creation was formed, back tracking from there to create a full setting has been difficult but I am muddling through it.

Now with that said lets simplify what Chronicles of the Lord of Power is a life wary teenage boy meets a stout cloaked and cigar smoking humanoid and is sent to a trail world that’s stuck on the outskirts of existence a simple world with rules and history similar to that of the universe as it’s known. This trail world is a magic fantasy world of wonder and growing chaos. As his arrival was disturbed and he is left an amnesic that’s power and ability is unclear. He gets help from the locals who greet him as a “emissary of light” and try to help guide them in the fight between light and darkness that is plaguing the region. His adventures on this world recall the past, who and what he was and what he is becoming. He clashes with his ego and ID, stark personalities of pessimistically stoic yet selflessly “kind” elitist. And a loud and lewd maniac who only cares for what pleasures and excitement he can get out any situation.

After the trail ends unexpectedly he moves into a “boot camp” situation, Light forces picks him up while he lays unconscious on the fading world below. In an uneasy rest he recalls everything from his past life to his life upon the world he tried so desperately to save. His powers still unstable DOL AKA ”prankster god” amongst other things, the one he met before the trail world calms him down and helps guide him into the a science fiction themed universe. He is taken to the core worlds of Light Forces a stiff and bureaucratical world of Light Forces the keepers and protector of all creation. His new trails more daunting than before he leaves Light Forces unexpectedly lost and alone he reasserts his life as he tries to repair the damaged ship he crashed on a broken world on the edges of creation. From there on he fights for one thing, the meandering path before him, where ever it wanders through light and dark in aid of others or in aid of self.

Between kindness and madness his path is colored as he walks in between the stark contrasts of “Lightness” the embodiment of creation itself and “Darkness” the embodiment of the end of all things for “Darkness” is the reaper of death itself and the Lord Of Power is the harbinger of change. His continued adventures tart around book 3, a light fan/sci fi novel is 200ish pages and I think I have plot points enough for at least 4 to 6 of them.

10. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Updateing this a bit

Heres most of the older new stuff.
    http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?t=2096&highlight=zippy+book&page=7
    =======================

Made a new picture yes I can draw some...with photoshop...and alot of booze.... LOL

this is a minion, a shiny,semi self aware AI driven floaty orb that can repair stuff,carry stuff and shoot lazier beams ...er...laser beams :p

Its kinda like a the scutters on red dwarf but not so smart assy and haz weapons and a functional protocol system that breaks down to something like this protect innocent life>do its assigned job>goof off.

This is the energy based version the other lesser versions are mechanical based one is just a floating metal orb the other has wings(so did not still the golden snitch design....DID NOT!!!) Probably can not draw them LOL

[​IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zippydsmlee/COTLOP/COTLOP-Minoin-2.jpg
    =============================

Alil something I wrote out the other day
    =============
    And lastly

newest commissioned pic
    http://fav.me/d2twn9z