1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZnesBox 3.3 Cheat Database Error (Please Read!)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DTN107, Jun 7, 2008.

1. DTN107

DTN107 Regular member

Game: Chrono Trigger SNES
    Cheat: Infinite Money

I notice there is a big error in the entire format of ZnesBox3.3 Cheat database which could be the reason why many of the cheats do not work.

The game Chrono Trigger I attempted many times to try to activate the infinite money. According to ProAction Replay the cheat requires three cheat slots. While checking the cheat list I notice there are three cheat slots fill up but only the first two slots are "enable". Even when enabling the third slot of the cheat I could not get the cheat to activate. I reconnect my xbox to my PC and look up the ProAction cheat Database and found the cheat in a wordpad. The cheat is listed exactly as below:

I plug my xbox back to my TV and try once again activating the cheat. When I check the cheat menu again I notice the three codes were listed as:

I assume putting the codes as xxx+yyy+zzz is not the correct format at all and the first letter of the 2nd and 3rd code are being cut off.

If this issue has been well known I just like to say I'm new to the whole emulation on xbox world and just got started today. I planning on breaking the codes up into 3 separate codes and hopefully it will work. As of now it is getting late so I'll have to try it later. But I wanted to know if anyone else has notice this?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. DTN107

DTN107 Regular member

Well I went back and edit the code from:

To single format below:

Once I put the codes into three slots the cheats work!

Well actually the cheat codes were incorrect in the first place. I google around and the real ProAction Cheat codes are:

But after putting the correct format then the correct cheats in it, everything works like it should. I'm not sure if this is a well known issue or not but if your a noob like me, I hope this helps.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008