1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zona Alarm problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by cmaldona, Nov 16, 2006.

1. cmaldona

cmaldona Regular member

Using ZA Suite 6.5.737.000 on XP2 Professional.

I had to re-create my network with 4 computers due to problems with DSL. Linksys router connected to 2Wire DSL Modem. All computers connect to the net. With each other only when ZA is disabled. I am sure I have to set the Firewall tab in a way that all computers will talk to each other. All computers show the same I.P. and I added them to the trusted zone. What am I doing wrong? My Firewall settins are set to Medium. I did not change the settings from my previous network only Linksys had me install an upgraded version of their program and now ZA kicks in all the time and stops communication.

2. cmaldona

cmaldona Regular member

Guess what? I found my answer in ZA forum. If anybody is interested here are the instructions to resolve this problem:

Open the command line (hit start-run-cmd) and type ipconfig /all. You'll see several lines among them your DHCP server with the ip and the DNS servers (can be more then one). Take note of all these ip's. Then go to ZA tab firewall and page zones and in the box at the bottom (entry detail),click add, choose ip address and then enter a bief description, type the ip's you found and make sure the zone is setted to trusted. You need to do this one by one.

Sorry if I wasted your time reading my post.