1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zone Alarm Setup for Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter XP, Vista

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Mickoz74, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

You have to allow the four settings Access trusted and internet, also Server Trusted and internet. (You will have to add this program to zone alarm using the bottom right button ADD and search for the program). You have to allow Host process for windows (C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe) you have to allow the four settings Access trusted and internet, also Server Trusted and internet (server internet is blocked by default)

Program control must be set to medium, also Internet zone security and trusted zone security set to medium or it will not work.

When installing for the first time, disable zone alarm (or any other firewall your using on your pc) and any anti-virus, start software installation and you will be asked to add adapter when required (DO NOT PUT ADAPTER IN FIRST) when installed you will get the icon on the system tray double right click it and it will open as so.
    Test the connection without a firewall if it works start firewall if it stops your firewall is blocking access and you need to set it up properly, don’t waist time messing with the wi-fi settings if it works without firewall.

Next get your Nintendo DS/DS Lite or Wii to search for Nintendo wi-fi (WFC) on the DS you will need a WI FI compatible game to take you to the settings, search and add the device your console name will come up like so (most probably fail the first time on the pc right click you name (i.e screen name and you get the option to allow or deny permission) this is an added security stage allow and retest connection.

That’s all I did to get it up and running. My Vista laptop and XP desktop connect to my wpa/2 router wirelessly (Ethernet connect just as successful)

same setup as vista zone alarm, I never added Nintendo Wi-Fi connection to this version of zone alarm it did it automatically, had a zone alarm pop up asking me to grant access remember this setting tick.

On the DS on-line games will ask you if you want to set up wifi connection in options this only has to be done once, the ds will remember settings for all the other on-line games you just have to simply connect in the future no setup.

click Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector, and follow the on screen guide

youtube.com has loads of videos on this stuff if you prefer a video guide to follow.

vista/xp drivers http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/customersupport/downloadUSB.jsp
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.