1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZoneAlarm firewall blocks my connection

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by isaac4130, May 25, 2006.

1. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member

Hi, I have ZoneAlarm firewall (basic free version), and I have noticed that when I am away from my PC for a while, it won't re-connect to the net. I'm using Firefox browser, but it affects Outlook, anything that needs to connect for updates, etc. The only way I can fix it is to shutdown ZoneAlarm, then open my browser, then relaunch ZoneAlarm. Is this a setting problem? Has anyone else encountered similar difficulties? Any help with fixing this issue is appreciated!

2. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

You must have it set in lock down mode. Try setting to a lighter yet still safe, setting.

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

@isaac4130

Sounds like the "Automatic lock" feature is enabled, launch ZA free and press controll and L, to unlock the access, ZA will do this as if you have the "Automatic lock" feature enabled (which by default will be checked), to turn off "Automatic Lock" launch ZA, click program controll and on the main tab simply turn off the feature.

If the automatic lock feature is not eneabled, then uninstall and reinstall the program.

If still it persist's then its time to do a database reset as ZA isnt remebering settings and will keep locking up.

-HOW TO DO A DATABASE RESET IN ZA FREE-

Boot your computer into the Safe Mode (if you don't know how to do so check out this link > http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml )

Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder

Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder

Reboot into the normal mode

Now I bet your ZA product is running fine ;)..if not then post back.

Please take a look at this tutorial to help you get a grip with the ZA basics:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conte...rted.jsp?lid=zasupp_g&AID=9754927&PID=1545075

@DVDBack, Damm your photoshop skills just keep getting better!!, thats a amazing sig :D

Last edited: May 30, 2006