1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zoom: Academy for Superheros DVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jermda1va, Feb 8, 2007.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@garmoon..... I don't collect software that I don't use. About it's value.....it's only valuable to me!! but if you want to buy my software ...... I can make you a cheap price being that it's used..... but then I would be breaking the law on resale..... hell, I broke them in and they all work..... hell, you should be paying me for the favor of just mentioning what works and doesn't work! LOL anti up Garmoon! LOL hahahahahahahaha

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

That's ok IHoe, I already stole ye serial numbers. LMAO

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you still owe me!!!!!! LOL

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Gee & I thought I was overboard with my meager arsenal of proggies ! But I agree You Go with what Works !good luck all ! Should'nt it Be "Holy Shit Batman ? "or a Whole- Shitload ? Just wondering ? Ciao!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Dam IHoe - I thought my desktops had a lot on them - think you have me beat :)

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

yeah Binkie7 , you and me both ! ordered my CloneDVD key & am up and running on my Laptop & Desktop ! I got the laptop for Christmas well actually this one was after Christmas ! The compaq from Wallyworld was deffective straight out the box so I said hello Newegg ! This one came with a $50.00 rebate so I used that to pay for my CloneDVD! & I guess I'll get some media with the remainder ? Can't complain even had a $5.00 discount on the CloneDvd so I'm a happy camper all around ! Was a little scared at first after getting my activation key for CloneDVd though ! While I was running it in trial/free mode I would get the 21 day countdown message & I understood about that ! was down to 19 days ! But after I recieved my keys & ran Clone the program opened fine but I did'nt see the registered to message ! I found it though & have backed up copies of my Registration keys onto CDR for anydvd/CloneDVd2 JKust in case ! Sorry to be long winded but I suppose I Gotta be me!!!! as that old song says ! - I really just wanted to say thanks Binkie 7 & everyone else at afterdawn for your continued help , humor & friendship ! So! thanks all ! later my friends !

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Binkie...... that's a pix of my DVD Progs folder...... here is my desktop:
    [​IMG]
    the moon pix was taken by my Canon EOS 10D with a very expensive lens.... I had to resize the picture of the desktop and ImageShack lost quality of the picture..... if you see it on my Dell 24" Ultra Sharp LCD monitor you can really appreciate the quality of this picture! LOL Anyway..... my desktop isn't that busy, is it? LOL

8. binkie7

Ah okay.

Nah desktop isn't that bad at all - all of mine are pretty busy - but I like them like that.

@all
    TGIF!!

9. Meatius

Meatius Guest

I have tried using Anydvd with Clonedvd, I've tried DVDshrink, Nero, Dvdecypter, but still no joy with Zoom, I have region 2, looking at the dates I see you all probably had Region 1, anyone got any ideas???

10. binkie7

Yeah ours was region 1.
    Are you using the latest AnyDVD - 6.1.5.3?
    What's the error you're getting?

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@binkie

actually AnyDVD is up to 6.1.5.5. I went to download what you said and found it up to this one.

12. binkie7

When I got home and turned the pc on tonight low and behold a new update alert again :)

13. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

wow, two updates in 1 day!!! must have many new encryptions out to keep slysoft busy!

14. binkie7

Nah just a bug from 6.1.5.4 :)
    From the version history:
    - Fix (HD DVD & Blu-ray): AACS decryption was broken in 6.1.5.4
    Some titles did not playback correctly (black screen).
    Sorry, sorry, sorry!

I would have never noticed though - still slumming it - no HD or Blu Ray here :)

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah would have work here for me also, no HD DVDs in the future for me.

16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm waiting for the dust to settle for HD-DVD and Blu-ray.

17. Meatius

Meatius Guest

When Clonedvd is going through the encryption process (where it says "Writing" in the top bar) the disc freezes at 22% and won't go any further. It plays through the whole disc when it first checks the movie for language content and subtitles etc, but when you go to the final writing process it freezes. Ripit4me doesn't get past VTS_04_1.VOB in the DVDdecrypter process, I get a

ScsiStatus:0x02
    Interpretation:Check Condition
    CDB: 28 00 00 1F DO 80 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read(10)- Sector:2084992

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

The disc is scratch and mark free, so I assume this is some kind of Sony anti hack jobbie. ANy Ideas guys, the last one I had probles with was Final Fantasy VII but Ripit4me worked on that one

18. binkie7

It looks like a bad press. When ripping your drive tries to get every byte if it can't you'll get the read error you got and a similar error.
    Have another drive to try ripping? Some are better at ripping these 'bad' dvd's.

You can set AnyDVD to show what copy protection this one has - in Region 1 it was Sony's ARccOS w/ like 72 bad sectors. Handled here by RipIt4Me, CloneDVD w/ AnyDVD or DVDFab Decrypter.
    Right click on red fox go to settings>program settings. Check 'show information window for new media'.

Try ripping w/ DVDFab HD Decrypter - link.
    If another drive or this doesn't do it best bet may be exchanging it for a new one.

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i used one of the latest versions of DVDFab HD Decrypter. No problems as per usual..

20. Meatius

Meatius Guest

Still no joy, tried running it through DVDfab and everything seemed fine, no errors throughout, then I used Clonedvd to burn the files in my temp folder that Fab had created and no errors again, but the disc doesn't play at all, tried putting Fabs files through Nero and it still has problems with VTS_04_1.VOB, I'll try and get a different copy of the DVD and try again, the movie is probably crap at the end of the day but I hate being beaten!!!!!