1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZUNE = CRAP

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by Noxpredor, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Noxpredor

Noxpredor Member

So my wife and I both got Zunes for christmas (YEAH). They seemed cool but when we go to put any music on them you get 2-10 songs on then it freezes my computer and a hard restart has to be done. CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work here... Any way after spending an hour and fortyfive minutes on the phone with some Indian guy i can barely understand, After exausting his mediocre resources he asked to put me on hold so he could transfer me to some other Higher department, the connection convieniently got disconnected. Not at all pleased with this obvious IPOD knock off by Microsoft.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  3. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I was very happy with the Zune until the new software update. I should have researched a little more before I downgraded to it.

4. Noxpredor

Noxpredor Member

Well after 5 (not exagerating) hours with microsoft tech support got my zune to stop locking up my PC apparently it conflicts with my nvidia graphics car and so i have to now diable the card, restart, synch renable card then restart again.. I still think this is BS but is the best solution that i can get.

5. Nephilim

A fella shouldn't have to jump through all those hoops to get his Zune working. Sorry for your troubles :(

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Noxpredor, there is light at ther end of your tunnel. Many persons installing a Zune rescently have been outraged. I think it is the new auto load feature where it looks for tunes anywhere it can including networked computers. The moron that OKed that feature should be roasted over an open fire! The paralysis is severe with slower computers with lots of disk space or have access to other computer drives. The best part is you can't stop it. Actually the best part is after the scan which can take a week, it works OK. Not great but OK.

Hopefully, you got your 30 G for $89 delivered.

Nephilim, mind posting 8GB Meizu M6 MiniPlayer on "my favorite MP3 player" thread not far from this thread on the page. Please post what you like about it. After buying my son a Zune I thought we should have a thread in the forum of what MP3 we should buy. Actually, we should have something for ear pods and audio tools as well. It might be a good idea to devote a forum for just what to buy and what not to buy for items used in the areas afterdawn supports. Right now, the product reviews are sprinkled all over the place mostly as venting. Because most of the reviews are venting there is little information as to what to buy.

Right now there is no place to get relyable product reviews.

7. Nephilim

Mez, I'd be delighted. That's a great idea for a thread and may turn into a great candidate for a sticky.