1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zune or Zen? better for video?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by Ocean23, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Ocean23

Ocean23 Member

I'm finally going to get a 30 gb mp3 player and trying to figure out what would be the best for me, I want to be able to watch subbed anime on it so I think the zune would be the best sicne the screen is the biggest, the Zens screen might be just too small to be able to read the sub-titles. Most of my anime is either on DVD, or in RMVB, Divx, Xvid format. Are there programs to change it into the format needed to play on the zune? Also out of the box, am I not able to put music off my my pc straight onto the player? it has to be hacked or something?

2. MrPuffin

MrPuffin Regular member

get the zune it has bigger screen but may have one disadvantage it has to practicly convert every file into zune compatible wmv unless it already is very unlikely but you were saying something about havng to hack it thats only if you wanna use it as a flash drive it comes with software that will sync it to the device if its in the library. the zen costs $250-$300 plus tax if you buy your zune from somewhere tell them circut city has them for $200 prce matching or go to circut city. the zune software will import wma aac mp3 wmv and mp4 unprotcted. heres a link to a free program (best i could find will convert DVD/VCD AVI, MPEG, WMV, RM, RMVB, DivX, ASF, VOB to mp4 and zune software will convert to wmv) its called ipod video converter but it works

3. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

If its not too late, get the Zen Vision M, you'll be happier.