1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zune vs creative zen m

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by proulx345, Jul 9, 2007.

1. proulx345

proulx345 Member

I am about to purchase an mp3 / video player and I wish to watch movies as well as listen to music. I am considering the Zune or the Creative Zen M. If there is anyone who can assist with their personal pros and cons. Thanks

2. eshaham

eshaham Member

Zune:
    Pros: intuitive interface, built-in Wi-Fi connection, many accessories.
    Cons: Weak video support, no Universal Mass Storage support, cannot use Wi-Fi to sync content.

Creative Zen M:
    Pros: very good screen, excellent battery life, voice recorder, available in five colors
    Cons: difficult controller, black model scratches easily

The two players side by side

3. skippyg

skippyg Member

The scratchability can easily be stopped using a Best Skin ever or Invisible Shield, IMHO, the Zen blows away the Zune in video/audio playback, Custom Eq, smart volume, also supports loads more video formats, better screen DVD resolution playback and output to a tv.

Even though the Zen's screen is a little smaller, its sharper, more colorful due to the color support (262,144 colors) and better contrast. you can use Windows explorer to transfer your music, drag n drop in other words or windows media player or iTunes with a plug in on a mac.

COns: a little on a chubby side, well to others, for me the size is perfect and feels really durable with the magnesium back plate. Also, its very scratchable, but can be cured with a BSE or IS.