1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zynet HD-D5-U2

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Thuyner, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Thuyner

Thuyner Member

A while ago, I bought a Zynet HD-D5-U2 hard drive case.
    I also bought a 200gb Seagate Barracuda hard drive, that I was going to use together with the case.
    But the computer doesn't find the hard drive, unless I open the case, take off the hard drive, reboot the computer, then insert the hard drive again.
    I have talked to the ones who sold it to me, but they just says that it's a "compability problem", and wouldn't let me return it and give me my money back. Now I've had it for over a month, and /can't/ return it.
    ((I don't know how it is in USA, but in Sweden one can only return a thing you've ordered from the Internet if you've had it for less than a month.))
    I've mailed Zynet, but they never answer.
    I've also looked for firmwares on Internet, so I maybe can be able to use my hard drive. I bought it so I could get new stuff from other people's computers, but that doesn't work.

Any tips?
    Have anyone else also had this kind of problem?

I'm greatful for all answers.
    Excuse my English, I'm from Sweden.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is the case usb & is windowws finding it?? what windows are you using??

3. Thuyner

Thuyner Member

Yes, it's USB, and it does not have FireWire.
    I have Windows XP.
    When I have the 200gb in the case, the computer (sometimes) finds it, but it automatically installs the wrong drivers, or it can't identify it, or it doesn't find it at all.
    But when I have an old 6gb in it, the computer finds it in only a couple of seconds.

A few minutes ago I found www.computing.net, where one could download the firmwares I think I'm looking for... What do you think..?

4. ddp

is the drive partitioned & formated?? is the case usb2? do you have usb2 on your motherboard & if so is windows recognizing it as an enhanced host controller under the usb section in device manager??

5. Thuyner

Thuyner Member

Yes, I have USB on the motherboard. When i connect the case together with an old 6gb hard drive, the computer finds it, NOT as an enhanced host controller, but as a regular hard drive.

It's only the compability with Barracuda-drives that is my problem. I know for sure that the case works with, for instance, a Samsung Spinpoint 200gb, because I have talked to people on the Internet about it, and they have had no problems at all.

But, now I have found a homepage that maybe can help me, www.hollants.com . I read about firmware to the case with both USB2 and FireWire, and they had also written the name of the firmware I think I have to install to make the case work with Barracuda drives too.

Thank you

6. ddp

what is the make & model # of your motherboard to see if you have usb2 or not on motherboard