1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZyXEL P-334WT Wireless Router

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by echurn, Jul 5, 2005.

1. echurn

echurn Member

I just recently bought this router because of its 125Mbps capabilities. The problem is, I can only connect at 54Mbps. The wireless card in my HP Pavillion is 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN w/ 125HSM. Before I bought the router I called HP and they told me I could connect to up to 125Mbps because of the 125HSM feature of the card. ZyXEL told me once that I need more antennas, but I am about 10 ft from my router and in a clear path, the other guy told me that the G+ is not enabled and to go to the device configuration and enable it, but I went there and it IS enabled. From there I updated my driver and go no better connection. So I called HP to see if there is anything i can configure in the WLAN card itself, I was told no. So did I waste my money on a few lies, or can sombody please try to help me, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can you bypass the router & connect directly into the computer to see what you are connecting at as it might not be a router problem but a line problem

3. echurn

echurn Member

How would I do that? I am on my laptop with wireless.

4. ddp

does not your laptop have a lan connector besides wireless

5. echurn

echurn Member

it does, and when i plug directly into th emodem it says i am connecting at 100.0 Mbps

6. ddp

plug the laptop into the router if you have an extra net cable so that it goes from modem to router to laptop by wire & see what it connects at

7. echurn

echurn Member

it is connecting at 100.0Mbps through the router as well.

8. ddp

so if connecting thru both modem & router seperately by wire at 100mps but only 54mps by wireless, what does that tell you. check for updated driver for wireless net card

9. echurn

echurn Member

i updated the driver for my wireless card, are there any configurations in the card that may need to be changed?

10. ddp

you should talk to hp about the problem & tell them what you did to show it is the wireless of the laptop that is not running upto speed. do you know anybody who has a comperable card in their laptop to totally eliminate the possibilty it is the router's wireless side causing the problem??

11. echurn

echurn Member

i tried calling HP, problem is none of their damn tech support people speak english, most speak engrish. so i guess i am just going to have to call until i get an english speaker. and i know of no one else with this problem, thank you for your help.

12. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If you have the box checked that says "Show icon in notification area" (tray), it shows 100.0 Mbps always. It is bogus. Mine shows the same thing, and I know it is not correct.