1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zyxel router(help...)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by poolplaya, Jan 25, 2008.

1. poolplaya

poolplaya Member

i bought the zyxel wireless cable router nbg334w and i followed the steps to connect it to my modem and pc, however when i try to do the part where i need to configure the settings it keeps coming up as offline. also when i try to connect to the internet i keep getting an error message sayin that the modem cannot be found. Im using "NOW" broadband ( http://www.mynow.co.uk )

2. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

This is from the Now website:-

Connect the Ethernet port of the now modem to the WAN port of your router / gateway (you may need to use a cross-over Ethernet cable, depending on the specification of your router / gateway). You will need to configure the router / gateway to use the PPPoE function using your now username and password. You should now be fully set-up for home networking.

It may be that you need a crossover cable rather than a standard straight through ethernet cable.

3. poolplaya

poolplaya Member

thanks for the help i shouldve checked the site lol. which router would be best for playing ps3, the console is only about 5 meteres away.

4. poolplaya

poolplaya Member

is there a way i can use this modem with my ps3 without a router... using just an ethernet cable?