1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod ISO available

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by shademand, May 6, 2006.

1. shademand

shademand Regular member

I have created an ISO that contains the C & E directories and uses the Evox dashboard. What does this mean? Well, lets say for instance that you attempted to softmod your Xbox but now all that you get is a black screen, orange flashing LED or you just couldn't get your softmod to work. So long as you have FTP capability, you can now just FTP into your Xbox delete your C & E folders and replace them with the folders from the disc. Once these folders are transferred into your Xbox, it will become a complete and fully functional softmodded Xbox. Just download it and burn it onto a CD.

Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod RELOADED @ilovetorrents.com

Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod @ demonoid.com

Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod @ torrentspy.com

Afterwards, you will be able to modify any Xbox, just follow my 3 min or less install method!!!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/337650

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  2. shademand

shademand Regular member

Having issues with the upload at the moment will note here when its back up...

Last edited: May 7, 2006
  3. shademand

shademand Regular member

I was finally able to get my torrent in compliance and its up and running again.

4. manta0799

manta0799 Guest

Hi shademand,

I was on a torrent site and an iso was recently put up. which seems to have been your Shademand's Ready Made Xobx Softmod. but for some reason it was taken down. Was it a real thing? I believe it was 347mb.if it was real. may i ask how i can get a copy of this iso. as i am wanting to softmod my box. Ty

5. shademand

shademand Regular member

It took a few attempts for me to get the torrent in compliance with the sites's uploading rules, I used PicoZip instead of WinRAR to compress the file apparently it was a big issue, but its been up and running for sometime now. And of course it's real and it works, I wouldn't mess you over. It's the exact same disc I use to softmod Xboxes everyday. Currently, its uploaded @ ilovetorrents.com, demonoid.com, and torrentspy.com.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  6. shademand

shademand Regular member

I will try to clarify the use of this disc since I am fielding questions from 3 different websites about.

The benefit of the disc is that it saves you a few steps in the softmodding process because I have already done them for you. You do not need to install, backup, or patch your MS dash because its been done for you. You do not need to install any Apps because they have already been installed.
    Basically, if you have used another method in an attempt to perform a softmod be it SID 3.1 Final, SID 3.1 Final (GameShark Version), SID 3.1 Lite, SID 3.1 Lite (GameShark Version), SID 4.5 Nknave Edition, SID 4.5 NKnave Edition (GameShark Version), to name a few and your softmod attempt failed in some way for example you can boot to the UnleashX or Evox dash but your MS dash is missing, Put the disc in your PC, FTP into your Xbox delete the C & E folders and replace them with the folders on the disc thats it, your Xbox will now be a working softmodded Xbox...
    Or if you have the Linux exploits on your Xbox's HDD or on a memory card, and either the MechAssault or Splinter Cell game Platinum Hits versions will work too. Just put the game in, activate the linux exploit once you reach the SID screen, network your Xbox, Place the disc into your PC, FTP into your Xbox delete the C & E folders and replace them with the folders on the disc....
    I am hopeful that after this I will never read another thread that says "I tried to softmod my Xbox and now my MS dash is gone" or "now all that I get is a black screen" I am almost tempted to say that there is no way that anyone could mess this up, that it's 100% fool proof but someone would then be bound to prove me wrong.

7. shademand

shademand Regular member

Just in case you were reluctant to sign up for a private torrent site its now fully seeded on torrentspy.com, a public torrent site so, no sign-up is necessary.

8. manta0799

manta0799 Guest

Hi again,

I don't want to sound like an idiot or anything..but i have an xbox i have been wanting to softmod for a while now, however i never made an attempt. I finally got your ready made softmod disk..how would i go about softmoding my untouched xbox with this disk? Do i put the disk in my pc and use an ftp prog..to send it to the xbox? and thats it? please bare with me..for i am very new at this..thank you

manta0799

9. shademand

shademand Regular member

You'll either have to use the game exploits method or get a modchip to get FTP capability, {In the case of the modchip once you insert the folders from my disc you can just remove your chip because you won't need it anymore}, the disc was simply a way for anyone who uses it to be assured that they will have a working softmod. A lot of people mess up their softmod when they perform a backup, add apps, or attempt to patch their MS dash, somewhere in the processes something goes awry then suddenly they're looking to re-install their MS Dash, the disc is meant to eliminate those mishaps.

10. bakkaken

bakkaken Member

Hi shademand, the softmod ISO disc is brilliant! i've just modded my xbox in 10 mins. wot should i do if i wanna upgrade my 8gb HDD? should i just ftp c: and e: to xboxhdm folder? wot abt the eeprom? where can i find it?

11. shademand

shademand Regular member

Hey, glad you think so...its been downloaded hundreds of times on 4 different sites and your the first to reply... I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't working or something. I have never upgraded an Xbox HDD, so I wouldn't wanna steer you wrong, though I have seen a couple threads explaining the process. That soft mod contains the app to do it, it is Xbox Config Magic. Maybe you can explain the process to me upon your success; though I am partial to burning games to a DVD, instead of HDD upgrades.

12. bakkaken

bakkaken Member

yea, I'll try to upgrade the HDD when im available. By the way, how can i make XBMC as my default dashboard?

13. shademand

shademand Regular member

It depends on which dash you have but basically you edit the INI or XML file so that the main dash becomes xbmc, for instance rename the xbmc's default.xbe file to xbmcdash.xbe then in the INI or XML you make xbmcdash.xbe the target as oppose to default.xbe being the target.

14. bakkaken

bakkaken Member

hi, i still dont understand your last sentence. I renamed default.xbe as xmbcdash.xbe and when i rebooted the xbox again,somehow the xmbc has disappeared. so i gotta rename it back to normal. Apart from this, what else i have to change?

15. shademand

shademand Regular member

you can't just rename it without editing your INI or XML file. Your main menu shows options those options which are all coded into the INI file. So you need to find the section that triggers your dash and make the default.xbe, the default.xbe for XBMC.

16. bakkaken

bakkaken Member

Im using ur evo dashboard. So is the section that triggers my dashboard in E: drive? There is a file called default.xbe, should i just rename it as xbmcdash.xbe?

Another question regarding to ur ISO disc, u said that just delete the C & E folders and replace them with the folders from the disc. do i have to back up my original C & E before erasing them?

17. shademand

shademand Regular member

I think this requires that you do a little homework, I could keep answering your questions but you really need to know what it is that your doing. So go here and read up on on editing the INI file.

http:// manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.php?wakka=dashinstallsetupv2&v=8s1

You could backup your files if you like, however everything that you should need is already on the disc unless there are some individual game files that you need to transfer over.

18. mrupnya

mrupnya Guest

Hey, just wondering if this will work with my problemed xbox?I can't seem to get to my evox dash, the xbox keeps rebooting as if it can't find any of the files on the partitions.Recently,I was able to get to all my data using flash fxp and a multi-game disc.It appears that everything is still in order,but I'm not able to get to anything unless I use my pc.One thing I can still do is play games,although only directly from disc,so theres my problem,can't access my xbox and all my saved games on my hd.Now if I use this should I extract the iso or just put the burned disc in my xbox?THAX IN ADVANCE

19. shademand

shademand Regular member

If you burn the ISO to a CD-RW you could simply transfer the folders off the disc to your Xbox using Boxplorer or any one of the other file managers.

20. bakkaken

bakkaken Member

hey Shademand, i've managed to upgrade my hard drive to 200GB with your disc, everything is ok. But there's somthing wrong when i ftp the games fr my pc to xbox. When i started playing games they went to a black screen and it's freezed there. Therefore i deleted everything on C & E drive and copied everything from your disc again. In the end, everything goes smoothly.

One more thing is I ftp the games in my F drive. But i can't see them in ur evolution X screen (i clicked on "Play games on HDD" but there is nothing there), so everytime i gotta go to XBMC to play games, any help?