1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hahaha :p Sorry if i shouldnt laugh.

Its just a harmless plant :D

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL Depends on whether it's being used for recreation or in textiles.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  3. billybob

billybob Regular member

Textiles obviously :p

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Uh-huh... pass the textiles. LOL About like the historical mention of smoking the rope. The ropes were made of hemp.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Who's passing textiles? xD

6. FredBun

FredBun Active member

lol, this whole thing did turn funny, and billybob please you or anybody else misinterpit my last post, your sig nor anybody elses bothers me, actually like I said before yours is cool with me, yours is even my wifes favorite when she checks behind me sometime, and the only time you will ever hear complaints out of me is from other complainers, in other words I complain about complainers, jeez, don't we have more important things to worry about, than the poor mods have to hear so many childes complains, after like 18 years of age should'nt we have gone past that stage.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Morning All! My dad (turned 101 in June)was a farmer and lumberjack in his younger years. He said that they use to grow pot among the rows of crops on the farm. He said that when they were tending the crops, they would just wack the pot plants with a stick; the odor they emitted worked as an insect repellant (no chemical insect control in those days). We would teasingly ask him if he ever smoked the stuff and he blushes and starts laughing. He's never admitted to it but neither does he deny it! ...the ol' coot LOL!

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Put your hand up if you like the new thing that appears every time you post!

:lol:

9. FredBun

FredBun Active member

lol, I got a story for ya, back in 69 after I got out of the service my Dad took me small game hunting near a town called Quakertown not to far from Philly, quakertown was still pretty wooded than, as we hunted, I noticed a pot plant about 3 foot high, excited I told my Dad come over here and check this out, I explained to him what it was, he said in his old country Ukraine (they called it canobile) it was grown all over, all the babba's (old lady's) would gather it and place in the local creek and wiegh it down with stone, after several days they would strip the leaves and make string out of the steems, which they would make things like burlap bags, clothes like jeans etc.

The leaves they use to keep and make tea out of it, sometimes the old timers would drink it if they could'nt sleep well, and also it was used for babies that had colic and cry for days, weeks or months sometime, they would feed the baby the tea and the colic would go away he said.

Than he laughed at me and said is this the plant all the hoopla is about here in the states, he said thats stupid, he said he never saw anybody smoke it but also said even if they do, so what, the whole thing just seemed so silly to him.

He dug up the plant, we brought it home and re-planted it in our back yard, I told him be carefull its against the law here, he said he didnt care, it was back in 5th and Girard where the neighboorhood was bad cops have more important things to worry about than something like this, ok I said, he also raised rabbits in our little back yard, he used the rabbit crap as fertilizer for the plant, by the 2nd week in October, and I'm not exaggerating, it grew to a height of 19 ft., when it came time to cut it down we needed an ax.

To end it, both me and my Dad smoked it and it sucked, we gave it away, it was nothing like what we had in the far east, that stuff was a killer, it was great, but anyway, it brings back just some of the memories I had with my Dad, which I will say he was pretty cool, even my friends said so, and now that I'm the old fart, as many times when he pissed me off, now that I look back, he was really cool, just wish he was still around so I could actually tell him.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

check my shoutbox all and see what deadlove aka janrocks posted. and everyone wonders why people are leaving this place. I'm pretty sure nothing will be done being she gets a free pass on everything. heres what she posted

I come back to pick on anally retentive assholes, obsessed twats and complete losers. Unfortunate for you that you couldn't take a joke a long time ago and made it personal. Live to regret that for we are legion.You will feel the wrath of the damned crawling under your skin every waking moment.and she posted some very nasty pics from rotten.com

if i did this i would have been banned instantly

11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  12. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Wrong too.. the pictures were from a factual suicide advice site. Lots of information, maintained to put potentials off doing something stupid.

Did you see the way the blood pools in the chin, hands and feet of a hanged body?

informative and educational. :)

Major FYI.. the largest use of hemp in the world is in the manufacture of banknotes.. been passing any cash lately?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ripper are you a mod now?

so lay off

14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Last time I checked, nope. Why, was what I said somehow mod-like? I told you to stop cross posting you whining mainly cos I didn't want to read it everywhere, not cos it broke a rule or something.

And just out of interest, someone who has posted in your shoutbox and is apparently an offender posts in the same thread, yet you choose to go off on one at me? I hope that's not personal, aphabetman. You've got problems if you get personal over the internet.

Edit: Cat got your tounge, abcd?

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

your the one off topic not me

check my shoutbox all and see what deadlove aka janrocks posted. and everyone wonders why people are leaving this place.

this is on topic

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Actually..

"A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion"

..suggests there is no real topic. Anyway, I haven't said that you'd gone off topic.. stop accusing me of stuff. Cross posting doesn't equal off topic. Not getting out of your depth are you?

Oh and as for what said members have posted in your shoutbox, frankly, I couldn't care less.

17. eeffgghh

eeffgghh Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@aabbccdd

They only do it to get a rise. If you completely ignore them they will ultimately stop. Some how I feel like I'm in second grade again. Sister Mary Elelphant is gonna get yall. LMAO Peace brothers.

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Bump for the posting bug to fix.

20. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

My friend, alphabet. Garmoon is correct. Ignore them. There are some real pips posting, lately.

It is a full moon, afterall, and the full moon usually causes some of these yoyos to post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.