1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAN ANYONE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Tonebabe, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonebabe

Tonebabe Guest

I have downloaded a couple of films and watch then using divx. I need some help 'ripping' the films so i can burn them onto disk.

I have a DVD copy of 'Saw' which a friend did and when i put it onto my computer in was in folders named VIDEO_TS, I was able to then burn this onto another disk.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me.

Much appreciated
    ta

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Try VSO Divx to DVD.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

To attempt to aid you in the future – I've used the most common file type to run through this example. (As a note, if you substitute "Rip" for "AVI to DVD" you would have found out that to "rip" a file is to take it from a DVD not a download. This search can be used for single words or a question, whatever you wish. An incredible wealth of knowledge is there for you.

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a "Search" engine. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question -
    Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following may seem confusing so stick with me, ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each and every page that is empty and has by it the word "Search." By typing in a request, in your case, " AVI to DVD " - It should give you some "Hit's" from "Goggle" and AfterDawn for helpful programs designed to aid you with the work you're trying to do. Under that, you'll see different threads throughout our forum that may answer in greater detail questions that you may have dealing with your project. Answers to questions from people who are doing the same thing as you or something very similar. You'll find lots you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You still with me ? Good !
    Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want (and that's unlikely), then, under the word "Forum" and "Forum Search," in some very small print, you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Ya still with me ? Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " AVI to DVD ". It requires you to ask a question and some mousie clicks on your part but now that you know where things are, it s/b pretty easy to do and we do have a lot of information for you :)

I believe you'll find this of great help in the future -

Cheers,

Pete

BTW, Also at the top of each page is a "Glossary" so that you can find out what something like a "VIDEO_TS" was.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

5. Tonebabe

Tonebabe Guest

Thank you very much for your help, I do know how to use a search engine, it was a matter of knowing what to search for.

Sorry for repeating myself, i was getting no replies so i thought id re-word it.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

By posting 3 different threads - you got answers on all 3 by the way - you took resources away from other pple who would like help too -

As far as waiting, it's the price you pay for not having to pay a price. Learn to wait -

When we help someone on our free time, seeing that person asking others is like a slap in the face. It's like saying, "you spent your time answering but your time and knowledge isn't worth $hit so I'll ask someone else - There's no way you'll ever make friends that way -

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Read the forum rules. No Multiposting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.