1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 US

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motomania, Jan 1, 2005.

1. hedgy

hedgy Member

I know this might have been addressed previously; however, there are a few questions i have.
    I have a motorola V551 w/ bluetooth, I'm connecting to my computer via a usb dongle, I'm running windows XP Pro SP2. I have both versions of MPT 3.11 and 1.23, I currently have 1.23 installed and updated to 3.19.
    I have gotten my V551 to recognize several times with MPT software, but here is the problem, it is not 100% of the time and when trying to transfer files, mp3's etc... it automatically drops the connection with my V551, and refuses to reconnect to my phone unless I turn the phone off and back on again.
    I'm using the built in drivers with windows because for some reason windows xp sp2 doesnt want to accept the p2k drivers.
    When going into the device configuration window on MPT i can get it to recognize the phone drivers and what port the phone is connected through, but it freezes up and wont continue.

My questions are, is there a definitive walk through for connecting a V551 via USB cable?
    What is the best com port to set the phone to, to get it to connect to my computer 100% of the time.
    Is there any other software that would work better transferring files?

Some of the other software i have is PST 7.1.1,BREWapp loader, MIDway, JADgen, etc... will any of these work better than MPT 3.19e1

2. totaman

totaman Member

I have a V551 and I can connect to it with the Bluetooth USB Dongle software. It is a IO Gear USB Dongle. I am using XP Pro SP1 computer at work. I have yet to try it on a XP SP2 computer. The install of Mobile Phone tools that i Have errors out when I try to install my phone. I get a comm port error. I tried the Dongle software and it worked without for me. But I had to have the MPT installed for it to work though. Hopefully this helps someone. Now I have to work on getting a V220 to work with a USB cable.

3. cmacliam

cmacliam Member

totaman,
    can you explain again how you overcame
    your 'comm port' error? Also, could you
    check my last post (bottom of page 5) to see
    if your problem was similar to mine? thanks

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  4. totaman

totaman Member

Well I never did overcome the comm port error. I ended up gettin a new Dongle of my own to use. When I tried installing it after removing the old Bluetooth software, I was having problems with Bluetooth license. So I removed MPT and all the Bluetooth software. I rebooted and just installed my bluetooth software for my Dongle.

I then used the dongle to "find devices" and found my phone. Once I "paired" them I could then access my files on my phone. I could access my sounds, video, and pics folder. I did all of this without using the MPT at all or having it installed. If you are not worried about getting your contacts and just want to access your files then this will work.

As far as the comm port error, I believe it has to do with the MPT version you/I downloaded. At work I just used the 3.XX version and was having problems. At home I used the 1.23 version then upgraded to 2.X version and then upgraded it to the latest version. My home comp has XP Pro with SP2. My work comp has XP Pro SP1. So maybe trying a different version may work better for you. If you really want to use the MPT tools.

I think it is just crappy software but I may use to get my contacts off my phone as a backup. That will have to be done another day when I have a chance.

5. albrechtd

albrechtd Member

I have the v180 and whenever I use mpt to to save and trandfer a selected portion of an mp3, it ends up on being a few hundredths of a second

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

mine is V220 and it plays mp3 no problem :D

7. jerrylian

jerrylian Guest

Hello,
    I installed MPT 1.23c (english version), then update to 2.21b then use Liveupgarde to V3.19e
    However, my MPT still cannot detect my V220.
    Do you know what's missing?

Remark:I had installed P2K driver and Motorola USB modem and my XP pc can detect my V220 without any issue.

8. jerrylian

jerrylian Guest

Hello,
    I used P2Kman and copy a MID file to V220 foler - audio.
    I can see this MID file from "My Media" list and play it but I cannot find it from my contact name's Ringer ID:" to assign it.

Do you how can use the MID file that I have copied to V220?

Thanks in advance,
    Jerry

9. motodude

motodude Guest

Can you set the midi file as your ringtone? If not restart the phone and then try it.

10. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

jerrylian

check this out
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/163249

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  11. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

12. katchoo

katchoo Guest

I am having trouble downloading Mp3's to my Motorola V265 using mobile phone tools. They all transfer fine but when i go to hear them it says they are corrupt. what do i need to do?

13. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

whats the size of the mp3??

14. katchoo

katchoo Guest

They were between 125Kb and 140Kb

15. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

it should work but try using the P2K...

16. katchoo

katchoo Guest

17. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

18. papaki

papaki Member

Anyone, please help me. OS is XP, my phone is Motorola V600. Already installed the MPT 3.0 successfully, bluetooth dongle works well I can send files from computer easily; but still my MPT doesnt recognize my mobile phone. After selecting the phone type, I followed exactly as intructed (to turn on my mobile phone bluetooth to be discoverable) but then it kept on trying to discover my mobile device and nothing happened. When I cancelled it, then then the phone pic (but not the v600 one) appeared but still it wasnt connected to my mobile; cant sync, cant do anything (initializing only). Please, can anybody tell me what I have done wrong? I desperately need a help ...

19. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

I don't have bluetooth, so I can't say whether or not my instructions will work.
    I wrote a brief walk thru for those with usb. It sounds like you are having a similar problem, so try some of the steps - particularly those of manually selecting the phone driver.
    Hope it works...
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3/141767

20. LowLyfe2

LowLyfe2 Member

hey fellas...i have the Motorola V 551 and im havin g trouble finding the software...and when i download the files u guys are sending as links...it says bvp file not found...could someone post or send me File in email...or something...its for motorola v 551 ,,,,thanks..