1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1TB hdd upgrade

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ronguines, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ronguines

ronguines Member

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to a TB hdd in their modded xbox? I am kinda new to this. So far I have successfully installed my mod chip, flashed bios, installed evox, and a bunch of roms to make sure everything was working properly. Now that I know everything is working right I was going to install a TB hard drive and XBMC, but all of the tutorials I have found for HDD upgrading are very dated. Does anyone know if I can follow the tutorial on xbox scene? And if not where I can find one on adding such a large hdd on a hard modded xbox. Thankyou all in advance.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Here's a great guide for upgrading HDD's - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533828

500GB drives work fine (my main xbox has a 500GB, along with XBMC), i believe you can use 750GB drives too; as to 1TB drives i hadn't come across any yet myself but i guess you could use one in an xbox. Just doing some googling..

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  3. corn

corn Guest

I think IDE only go up to 750, and anything higher is SATA, which won't work in an Xbox, but I could be wrong.

4. creaky

yeah that's what i thought too, hadn't finished googling, got distracted playing Mercenaries

5. corn

corn Guest

Never played it, is it any good?

6. creaky

It's excellent, been playing it for a couple hours, have been swapping sides every 2 minutes, been attacked by every country/faction every 2 minutes for killing civilians and whatnot left right and centre.

It just so happens that this post just popped up, and seems to confirm that 1TB can be used.. - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/623231/3827880

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  7. corn

corn Guest

Haha, wonder how much it costs. I'll try and see if I can find it.

8. 420smoker

420smoker Guest