1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up princess and the frog with mtr

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by startrek7, Mar 26, 2010.

1. startrek7

startrek7 Member

a family member would like to backup princess and the frog with mac the ripper. He ended up with a raw file (?) or an iso. Can't seem to back it up and has the latest version of the program. He wanted to try handbrake but told him it will give him a mp4. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. startrek7

startrek7 Member

He got back to me and updated the program, and removed the blank cells of the movie. That seemed to work.

3. djhotwhee

djhotwhee Member

If you double click on the ISO file. The mac will mount the DVD on the desktop to watch.
    If the file is 4.3GB [dvd size] you can burn it in disk utilities. If not you need a compressor program like popcorn or Toast.

4. startrek7

startrek7 Member

thanks for your help. He felt that macs didn't like iso's, that they typically used another format. I'm a pc user, and he lives across the country, so I couldn't see what was going on. He somehow removed the dummy cells using MTR, and came up with a workable file.