1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up PS2 games to vcd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jasperis, Jun 24, 2003.

1. jasperis

jasperis Member

HI,I have managed to rip a copy of tomb raider for the ps2 and it is now on my pc.Could someone please tell me how i copy this to CDR as i dont have a dvd burner.THANX and REGARDS

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

so what did u do just copy all the files?

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

did you use a ripkit? or did you go through all the tools needed to rip yourself?

what format is the end product? .BIN & .CUE ??

do you have CDRWin ? you'll need it!

what size is it down to 800 or 700 meg?

4. jasperis

jasperis Member

HI,
    I actually d/l it as a full ripped DVD(2.4gb).its in the bin& cue format.I have isobuster if that would help but need to split it to get it on vcd as i dont have a dvd burner and the chip in my ps2 will not play backup dvds

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

any vcd svcd software will do i suppose if thats whatyou need to do!

but i have heard bad reports on broken up games! if you actually get it to load? when it comes to read the part thats on another disc it hangs!!!

have you actually used this type of game rip vcd before?

Thx..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [/small]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2003
  6. Dela

Ah man, if you dont have a dvd burner why did u get a dvd-r image??

7. jasperis

jasperis Member

just trying as an experiment really,will isobuster and nero be adequate??just wanted to see if it was possible.

8. Dela

Not really no lol, unless you rip out the movies and replace them with dummy filesmperhaps, or get a rip kit for it and let that do it. Anyway's this is more of a questionj for the ps2 forum - http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/50

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It's possible you can use IsoBuster or CDMage and load the bin* cue file then in the tree directory locate the main movie. If you have more than 1 file then I wouldn't mess with it. If you find 1 file (main movie) then try Nero (using wizard) and create a VCD and see if it works. I advise in the future to download MPEG1= VCD or MPEG2= SVCD, whichever you prefer m8.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2003
  10. Dela

Hold on a second now i am completely lost, didnt he say ps2 game? ps2 game and vcd?? :S

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ps2 "IF" its dvd based then you must RIP! it to cdr! if its cd based then just copy as normal!

there are 2 types dvd and cd games out there...

thx...

12. Dela

I know that mate, lol, i used to post a lot in the ps2 forum until it started getting the same stupid questions over and over again, i started the copy a dvd based game to a cd-r thread! What i'm saying is he says the word VCD so i am wondering if he got mixed up. I know already about ripping dvd games already after having to do it before i got my dvd burner!

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

sorry dela it wasnt aimed at you i have read your posts and know that you are clued up on alot on this site!

is was aimed at the guy who made the post! as i too see this VCD thing and am a little confused? so i was just trying to get the piont over to him that like you say hes mixed up abit somewhere!

thx all....

hey dela what dvd burnwer you got? i just orderd a pioneer 106 dual format today! plus 10 ritec so i may be calling on your advice for best programs to copy dvd movies!!! HELP!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [/small]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2003
  14. Dela

oh right lol! I'm also still very confused on the vcd part but i reckon his question was obviously dvd based to cd-r!

I would recommend to him to get Atlantis ps2 backup toolkit! Which can be got at http://www.ps2collector.co.uk

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i actually know and spoke to the owner of the atlantis program! he says its big time out dated! and to use other tools now that are easier, when i was ripping ps2 i got to talking to a guy sonix (admin) on www.alucard.cc and he helped me, but basically i found all those tools dam lenghy to use so i used rip kits which other people made...

has atlantis been updated in the last 2 years? i havent done a game in a while!

thx....

16. Dela

I havent either, I got a dvd burner and had no more need for ripping. Rip kits are probably still the best way to go about it! I used to have a site that had literally hundreds of them and kept updating but i think they got shut down!

17. jasperis

jasperis Member

The ps2 game in question is already ripped as i d/l it from a torrent site.Due to the fact that i dont possess a dvd burner What i would like to do is split it from its dvd format and copy it to 2 or 3 cds as required.Thanx for all your posts but im still completely in the dark???????

18. Dela

Well if its a dvd image of the file then it is not exactly ripped no! It is still full of movies and other material that a rip kit would remove and replace with dummy files! You cant burn it to 2 or 3 cd's that just wont work mate! Ripkit is basically your option!

19. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

i have read that you can nowadays split a game but there have been problems when it comes to disc swap for parts that are not on the game disc 2 say, so its not recommended!

like dela says go for the rip kit! best all round and a well established route to take!

do a search for the ripkit, what game is it? i'll find one for you!

thx...

20. Dela

huh?? u serious?? i mean ps2 games check for all files and if they arent there it doesnt load, you would want to be very very good!