1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by 56delray, Mar 14, 2007.

1. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Rules

Closed thread
    Copy for free

Links in original post
    I did not give the torrent link so I would not be banned!

Edit
    Some additional background info. Can you say conspiracy theory

All you need to copy any main movie is Decrypter, Shrink and InfoEdit.

So why steal, AnyDVD is not free

That does not look like encouragment to me.
    And than a link to
    "Rip any Sony ARccOS Movie with DVD Decrypter No PSL & No AnyDVD"
    by JaguarGod

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I say that when that guy's suspension is up, he needs a permanent ban, and some ridiculing in the safety valve.
    How's THAT for a conspiracy ?

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I think we should return to public flogging.

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I can't see what point he is trying to make... encouraging piracy? Maybe there is something else going on which has been edited, or by pm or arguing with the mods??

Do I care.. hell no. But a good savaging is always fun, especially when it's of somebody who makes completely incoherant posts like the above. Moaning about a mods decision which is always considered and final.
    I also think making another account and whining should lead to a 1 month ban of both accounts..possibly an ip ban to make sure it sticks?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  5. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Well it is not one person on two accounts. It is a friend of mine. The IP is a public account used by thousands of people.

We all know were to find pirated software. Do I use it? Yes, sometimes. I needed to learn to use Autocad and a cracked copy provided the solution. Now I can legally use the companies copy.

You are hippocrates. "Backups" are just another way to say pirated for most of the people copying DVDs.

And the point was not to whine. The point was to say that he broke no forum rule.
    Is that encourgment? And I see no rule for that anyway.

And what precipitated this banning? He believes it was because if an incident with a AfterDawn Addict. Who likes to comment on other posts.

Once again the Pot calls the Kettle Black, but its ok,the Pot has freind.

Do I care yea right. I am just killing some time.........

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

You mean "hypocrites", don't you, mr. "i like to use big words but can't even spell them right" ?

And actually, your friend broke the same forum rules he said Gwendolin was breaking, so who's the hypocrite here then ?
    He was baiting and insulting her, whereas Gwendolin was rightfully pointing out that using both softwares would be POINTLESS.
    But i guess you never did check all the facts.
    Hell, you can't even spell hypocrites, so i take it your knowledge of dvd software can be ranked right down there with the knowledge of folks that ask questions like "why don't my copied PS2 games work?" without ever bothering to search for answers.
    But that's ok, if you stick around, someone might be foolish enough to enlighten you.
    Funny though, your friends attitude reminds me of wild77, he too thought that it was ok for him to insult folks, but got very high and mighty if people would DARE question his actions... And then got banned because of it.
    And by the way, if you don't know the meaning of "the pot calling the kettle black", you shouldn't throw the term around.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i'm watching this with glee!!!!!!

8. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Yes I know many big words. And, yes, my spelling sucks.
    Yes, he broke the same rule, but it is you who "never did check all the facts".
    If you look at the order of the post, it was not adcleaner who started the name calling.
    And then the admission of guilt
    *And to my knowledge of DVD software, I have 600 DVD backups and been at aD since 2004. I do not claim to know it all, but I know enough.

Edit

My typing sucks too.

P.S.
    Enlighten me as to the meaning of "the pot calling the kettle black"

9. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Why would I bother trying to explain to you the meaning of that old saying ?
    I don't feel the need to teach anything to someone who would open such a pointless thread to argue over such a clear example of stupidity.

And, as you might have noticed, Gwendolin wasn't referring to anyone directly by name, so the term "name calling" would seem slightly out of place.
    Not to mention she wasn't even referring to your idiot friend, so his whole tirade was basically unwarranted.
    Yes, she had a problem with someone dealing out bad information.
    I don't see what's wrong with that, as the knowledgeable people here end up having to fix problems created by idiots that post nonsensical cr@p.
    If you want avid examples of what i mean, use the OLD forum search, and look for a person who used to go by the nick dg0896.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a glass of fine German beer that requires my immediate assistance on getting empty :)

10. 56delray

56delray Regular member

I wish I had one. And, yes, I posted this in the wrong forum. It should have been in Safety valve.
    But how was he to know the attack was not on him. As to whom was being refered too, it was most likly me.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/470949

And as far as I am concerned I posted one pice of wrong info.

Edit
    gone to get a beer

11. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hi delray.. have you worked it out yet?

This was posted by "banned" but you seem to have won on appeal.
    I have the inclination to respond as you seem one of the better members, unlike some addicts even (naming no names)
    Anyway.. some words of encouragement.. as you can see we aren't the bunch of tossers most people assume.. please make a stoopid post so we can have our fun in the safety valve (or flag one that deserves it).. more power to those fingers....

Beer is good.. my poison of choice is Carlsberg export

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  12. 56delray

56delray Regular member

What can I say, I have a problem with authority.
    I don’t mind rules, I just don’t always play by them.
    Why, because some rules don’t always apply.
    But, I am not a total ass, I will admit when I am wrong.
    Anyway, I have vented enough steam on this subject.
    It was not that important, but I just want to make note of it.

Can't we all just get along. haha.
    With enough Carlsberg, I think we can.

Tip one back for me.

13. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Can't say i don't understand where your coming from, but with such a poor choice of friends, you'll find yourself short on sympathy.
    Like you, i'll admit i made an assessment error, as you seem to indeed know quite a bit about dvd's, judging by your posts.

However, standing up for someone who obviously is ONLY here to pick fights, is something even i can't understand, and i'm usually regarded as the loudmouth bad guy who roots for the underdogs.

Bottom line, i have no problem with you, but that friend of yours needs to check his ego at the door.

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

well after 3months away it's no surprise to see some things never change :p

hi to ddp, fiend, jan & gerry, i'll lend you my flogging tools & public stocks until i can return, have fun

15. janrocks

janrocks Guest

And Hi to you too "the Creakster". batten down the hatches, some really rough weather coming the next few days...

16. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

creaky !!!
    *cries an emo tear*
    The prodigal child has returned !
    /me passes beer all around to celebrate this glorious day

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i thought i heard approaching creaking!!!

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

there is indeed approaching creaking, as we're predicted heavy snow here, though you wouldn't think so, very sunny at the moment, though the wind is very strong; i guess thunder could be on the cards too, being as ddp is here hehe

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

ZOMG, look who's back ;-) Hope you stick around creaks :)

Heh, we're predicted snow too; doubt it will snow though...
    Anyway, I'll be on my way, just passing by to say hi.. lol

~~ Edit: Spelling ~~

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007