1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bin and Cue files with Toast

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by plme, Apr 9, 2007.

1. plme

plme Member

Hello,
    Could anyone help, I'm trying to burn a bin and cue file to a dvd to play on a stand alone dvd player. I followed the guide that's been posted in these forums and all goes well until i get to opening the MPEGAV file to convert the .dat file to mpeg. All the files on the mounted image are empty? It's probably just me being stupid but some help would be greatly appreciated. i'm running toast titanium 7 on a macbook pro, with Mac os 10.4.9.
    Thanx for any help.

2. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

So you already burnt the image to disc? as in you used the cue file to burn it? because that's what you want it to do. If the files are empty, its a bad copy, or bad burn. Converting DAT files is a whole other issue. DAT files aren't neccissarily mpegs, but in the case of dvd i think you are looking at the DAT and VOB files? Vob files are basically AVI files.

Sorry about the wall of text but we'll need some more information. What exactly are you trying to do? You mounted the image before converting or after? What are you trying to convert into mpeg and why? if you want it to play in a dvd player you dont want it in mpeg you want it in VOB and DAT, unless your player has mpeg2 support.

3. plme

plme Member

Sorry it took so long to reply, the joys of being in the navy. i haven't burned the disk yet, in toast you can click on the copy tab drag the bin and cue file into the pane, then a mount button unshades and you can click it and the disk mounts on the desktop. Now according to the walk through that was posted at afterdawn.com, the next step is to open the mounted disk image and find the mpegav folder and open it then convert the dat file to mpeg? I'm trying to find the posting that had the instructions to give you a idea of what was said to do. As far as i can tell so far the possibility of taking a bin and cue file from a downloaded movie and being able to burn to a dvd and watch it in a stand alone dvd player looks pretty slim:-( But any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. redgaz26

redgaz26 Guest

hi just like to say i use a great little program called firestarter that burns your bin and cue files to a normal cd.
    works in most dvd players.