1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burner error?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Atmos, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Atmos

Atmos Member

I have a new sony dvd burner and I am using DVD shrink to compress the dvds and also to copy the dvds. I made about 20 movies and now ive started getting errors right after the decrypting, as soon as the dvd starts to copy. This is wasting my blank DVDs (dvd-r), can someone help please? It only says Sony write error...as soon as it starts.

2. cruester

cruester Member

3. Atmos

Atmos Member

Thanks, i followed the instructions for the drivecheck and all tests passed. Apparently my problem is not with the drive? :/ this is still frustrating though.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What movie are you having the problem with? They just started using a new type of encryption on some movies.

Jerry

5. Atmos

Atmos Member

I'm having problems on all movies that i've tried. When its supposed to start writing the disc, it says...write error Sony DVD RW DRU-710A\H1 T1...then below it, it says...Writing short lead-out.

I'm almost positive the decrypting of the dvd is working fine, and the drive check tells me the hardware is ok too.

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Which burning program are you using with Shrink? Shrink by itself can't burn. It has no burning program vuilt into it. It's using something on your computer to burn.
    My guess is Nero from what you wrote in your multipost....
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/146547

7. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

what media are you using?? i would look at that personally as a source of most errors. especially if it is ripping fine and starting to burn but stopping halfway through. Also DO NOT MULTITASK while burning, at least not until you sort your problems out, as it could be a buffer underun problem

8. dpt

dpt Member

I have been unsuccessfully trying to copy dvd's for a while now. I have used xcopy xpress, xcopy platinum, 123 dvd, nero 5, nero 6, DVD shrink and many more. I have downloaded dvd43 and run it with xcopy and I still get the same result. The original DVD reads find (100%) using ALL of these programs, but then it only burns about 88 to 91% and stops. I can view the part of the DVD that burned on a player, but it always stops when it is almost complete. I turn off ALL programs on msconfig (startup) and reboot before trying to burn. I run XP on a toshiba laptop with a Toshiba SD-r6012 cd/dvdRW. This is my first posting so I would appreciate any help I can get on this.