1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning files with toast

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by sarahvita, Feb 12, 2005.

1. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

so i thought you just drag and drop files into toast and whamo there it is. I had a disk error apon playing the disk I just burned, or failed to burn. Do they have to be the same type of file. Some are avi, wmv,mpeg.. all together trying to get along and play. Its not the media, I have played it in my dvd player before.. is there something i have to do before to make it into a video ts folder or something? all the files are downloaded and on my desktop so i just draged them to toast..help

2. xaosai

xaosai Member

make sure you are copying as data.

3. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

I am.. just like I would do it if I were going throught the rip-compress - burn process but i am taking files from a folder rather than from the compressed video_ts folder.. is there anything else I am doing wrong?

4. xaosai

xaosai Member

I don't know. You should be able to copy the files as data onto a dvd disc. Of course, you won't be able to play them in a dvd player. You have to treat it as data.

5. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

yea.. I am trying to play them in a standalone dvd player.. is there a way to make that happen? to burn wmv. mpeg, avi..and have them play on a dvd player?

6. xaosai

xaosai Member

I have no idea about wmv files. I believe divx is mpeg4 and needs to be converted to mpeg2 to play on a dvd player properly (check some of the other posts, i know i've read this same problem before). I tried using ffmpeg to convert divx to dvd. It works but it's definitly not worth the wait. It takes a long time and the video looses even more quality.

7. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Toast CAN make you a working dvd from a few different video formats like quicktime, avi etc. As long as your system or toast has the correct "codec." As of not I don't think it will do windoze media slayer.

You just set toast in VIDEO mode and then drag your video files onto it. You'll have a selection for VCD or DVD.

NOTE: converting from .avi or .mov or .mpg to dvd takes a LONG TIME. I mean a LOOOONNNNNGGGG TIIIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE.

If you are on a slow machine then forget it.