1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by dpl252, Feb 4, 2007.

1. dpl252

dpl252 Member

Great tutorial! you've helped me out alot but i have a few problems. Im using the three programs you recommended and i can burn on to my desktop and compress it fine, however, when i use toast titanium, and i place the compressed file on the disc with the empty audio_ts file, and it burns fine and i reinsert the dvdrw into my mac(osX) the dvd pops up but it wont play. I open the dvd and i see the compressed file that i made on there however when i click "get info" it says that there are 4.33 GB used but Zero GB available. Am i doing something wrong or not doing enough? please help cause im so stoked to make my own movies but this is really frustrating me. THANKS!

dan

2. Cave_Man

Cave_Man Member

Dan,

Not sure what you're trying to do. Sounds like the DVD is burned fine. If you launch DVD Player, does the DVD start?

3. dpl252

dpl252 Member

Nah it says supported disk is not available...the disk is in UDF its only 4.34GB after compression but under "get info" it says Available: Zero KB, im not sure if that has anything to do with it....i've repeated the process for 3 different movies following your guidelines as closely as i can and after i get the finished product, it won't play.

4. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

are you saying you see the compressed image (.DMG or .ISO) on the DVDRW?

because you should be seeing folder called VIDEO_TS that will have a bunched of .VOB and a pair of .IFO and .BAK files.

5. dpl252

dpl252 Member

the first thing i see when i click on the disk on the desktop are two folders: AUDIO_TS and RESERVOIR DOGS, then when i click on the latter, i get RESERVOIR_DOGS which is the folder i made as the location when i compressed the ripped movie. then inside that folder are my two AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS files (which has a bunch of .BUP, .IFO, and .VOB files like you said).so i feel like ive done somethign wrong.

dan

6. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

The only folders you should see on the disc is AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS - these are the only folders on the entire disc and should have no sub folders. Inside the VIDEO_TS you should see a bunch of .BUP, .IFO, and .VOB files. - AND THATS IT - anything else is irrelevant to DVD Video.

It becomes apparent what you are doing wrong. You are burning to far up the tree so to speak. the stuff you need to burn is the contents of the folder you made. it should look like this:
    [​IMG]

7. Cave_Man

Cave_Man Member

I think Nick's on to it. In DVD Player, choose File -> Open, then navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder and open it. Will it now play? The VIDEO_TS folder has to be at the root level for it to be recognized.

8. dpl252

dpl252 Member

Well here's how i have done it...when compressing the ripped movie (which consists of an audio_ts and video_ts folder inside another folder, for example Reservoir Dogs). Then i compress the Reservoir Dogs folder with dvd2onex into a completely new folder on my desktop (now Reservoir_Dogs). then i use toast, selecting Reservoir_Dogs to add to the disk, which when put back in wont play. Should i just be selecting the compressed video_ts folder instead of the whole Reservoir_Dogs folder when toasting to a dvdrw.

9. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

yes.

you are selecting your folder for toast to burn too far up the tree.
    you want a directory layout as per the picture in my last post.

10. dpl252

dpl252 Member

Okay, there working fine, thanks for your help....one last question though, when using MactheRipper, sometimes i get a pop up before rippig that says that i haven't indicated an RCE region....if this needs to be done, which region do i select? (its typically on "none" so im gona try it on RCE 1 and hope im doing the right thing. Thanks again for the help.

11. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

turn the rce off

12. lakmal

lakmal Guest