1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can someone tell me how to copy my dvd's?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by flynner08, Jan 21, 2008.

1. flynner08

flynner08 Member

i have a few blank dvds-rw and i would like to copy one of my dvds e.g. saw 4 onto one of the discs. is there software that i can do this with that is free?

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  3. flynner08

flynner08 Member

alrit thanks ill try out the imgburn. thanks for the help

4. flynner08

flynner08 Member

i downloaded imgburn but how do i use it to copy the film first then burn it onto a disc

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Hmmm...read the link that I gave you...it has complete instructions!!!:~)

6. flynner08

flynner08 Member

i downloaded all four programmes but when i try to open dvdfab decrypter it says i have to be logged in as an administrator to use it could u tell me a solution to this??? thanks.

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

9. Game420

Game420 Member

OK first log on to windows under the administrative account. The first thing you need to download is DVD Region+CSS Free, the full version. However you do this is entirely up to you. Ok once thats done downloading go ahead and install it on your computer. Now go download Slysofts' CloneDVD, the full version. Install that on your computer.DVD Region+CSS Free works automatically in the background to make a DVD appear region code free and unprotected to any DVD player and DVD copy software.With DVD Region+CSS Free's help, DVD copy software (such as DVDFab, DVD X Copy, InterVideo DVD Copy, etc.) is able to copy DVD's which are CSS protected.For now we'll use CLoneDVD. So open up the DVD region free program.Either the icon in the bottom left will show or the window will pop up. Open up the window and set your dvd drive to whichever you burn on. Insert the dvd you want to copy in the drive. It will show up on the window. Then open up CloneDVD. At the main menu hit clone dvd. Select the drive the dvd is in then click next. Click next again then click start and you should be fine. Change the dvd to a blnk disc when it ask you to.

10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@Game420
    Well friend, I will disagree with you, and you of course don't have to agree with me, but DVD Region+CSS Free has no use. DVDFab HD Decrypter takes care of all that, and all other encryptions. The only thing that DVD Region+CSS Free,( or DVD43, another application used in the background), will do is step on DVDFab's toes and mess things up. Again, DVDFab will take care of the Region Code, the CSS plus everything else.All the encryptions. Let's put it this way, if you are using an escalator, it will get you up at the top of the stairs,there is no point on walking while you are on a moving escalator. If you do, you might just trip and fall.
    Downloading DVDFab HD Decrypter (some movies need also FixVts for a fine tune-up),is all you need to crack the encyptions. All the other mambo jambo running in the background, unless is AnyDVD, is a waste. And if you do have AnyDVD, it shouold be off while DVDFab is running.

And about CloneDVD, unless you already have it, no reason to spend the money. DVD Shrink is still excellent when it comes to transcoding, and ImgBurn is one of the best burners. Everything is done using free stuff!!!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/494836

11. flynner08

flynner08 Member

ok will try all solutions thanks for all the feedback

12. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

Of course there is a much easier way, but unfortunately not free. Use SlySoft's AnyDVD, DVDShrink and Nero. AnyDVD works in the background with DVDShrink and Nero is utilised by DVDShrink for Burning.

Easier, but as I said, you have to be prepared to shell out a little for the proggies. Otherwise, cyprusrom's suggestions are about the best alternatives. In any case, DVDShrink is a must for downsizing the dual-layer discs, unless you have money to burn for DL media of course.

13. rick6668

rick6668 Member

Thanks for the helpful post.

I'm following this process, and I do not have the option "ISO file and burn with ImgBurn"

I have downloaded ImgBurn and opened it, but not used it to burn anything yet. I select "ISO file" and then plan on burning with ImgBurn.

Anything special I need to do to burn with ImgBurn as I've never used it before and it will not do it automatically with this process.

Thanks!

14. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If you want to autoburn with ImgBurn from DVD Shrink, you have to reinstall DVD Shrink . Here is a link on how to do it:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/573367

Here are some ImgBurn guides.

Burning DVD Video files directly to double layer media with ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

Creating a single layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1778

Creating a double layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777

ImgBurn Build Mode, An Overview
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1779