1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronicle's of Riddick and dvd shrink/dysrptr...?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Xenokai, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

i was wondering if this dvd requires you to change setting's like i robot and bourne supremacy did or is it able to copy using the default stuff?

2. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

Couldnt get this one to work with Shrink
    I backed up this one using Elbys Clone DVD and Slysofts Any DVD
    Worked like a champ
    They have free 21 day Trials that you can Download from this site
    This Combo has never failed me yet
    Not 1 coaster in almost a year
    If you have a Modded XBOX dont play this one in it
    It will update your Dash and youll have to Reload it to get everything to work right again
    Ifound this out the hard way
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2004
  3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Did that one a while back, watching it right now on my tv. Dvd shrink and nero,main movie only,all quality enhancements. No trouble backing up all 3 movies that were listed on first post.Later

4. brobear

brobear Guest

I use DVD Decrypter mainly because I like using files from the hard drive. The reads to the encoding software are more consistent and one doesn't have to worry as much about buffers. I also run AnyDVD in the background. I use AnyDVD for recordings I don't need HD files for, like old small movies. AnyDVD does an excellent job as well as a backup for DVD Decrypter. I've yet to have to change any settings off default. Bourne Supremacy and Riddick didn't even slow down during the rip process. You may think of it as a bit of overkill, but AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter make an unbeatable pair and since I have them, there's no reason not to use them.

I've used a number of programs for encoding and burning. Currently I find DVDCopy3 from InterVideo to be one of the better programs on the market and I've tested several.

AnyDVD is also a good backup for Shrink; especially since Shrink is no longer being updated and won't be as able to handle any new encryption measures. It will save the step of having to decrypt with DVD Decrypter when Shrink can't do the job on its own. Several people who don't use AnyDVD have said they had to fine tune DVD Decrypter to rip Riddick and Bourne Supremacy and then encode and burn the ripped files from the HD with DVD Shrink or another recording app.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2004
  5. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

I have a Riddick ISO on my HD now, used Shrink, no problems here.

6. wild77

wild77 Guest

I had no problems backing up the Chronicles of Riddick using Decrypter to hard Drive then Shrink to encode main movie only.If you are having trouble with Decrypter [bold]ScubaPete[/bold] offers excellent tips on settings for tough movies in this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/135493 [bold]Stolen from Scubapete[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2004