1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd player not playing burnt discs

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by dfiddy, Aug 11, 2004.

1. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

I am using DVDBackup to rip, DVDRemaster to compress, and toast to burn. I burnt the files as Data and removed the ".DS" files like Londor said. I am using TDK DVD-R's for disks with a Lacie burner. They won't play on 2 of my home DVD players. Does it matter if the players don't list DVD-R's as compatible? Also, my computer dvd player won't play the burnt DVD, but as soon as I open TS_folder and select the VIDEO_TS folder it wil play it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. Londor

Londor Guest

Once you click the Data tab make sure you select DVD-ROM (UDF) in the advanced options.

3. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

thanks i guess i missed that part...i'll try after work thanks alot mang! :)

4. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

Thanks Londor, your advice worked 100% I appreciate it.

5. jolisinge

jolisinge Guest

Just a note to new folk who might be reading this.

Before you start, make sure that your regular DVD player (the one in your front room hooked up to your TV etc) is capable of reading DVD±R(W) media. I had a friend who burnt lots of DVDs which worked on his laptop, but not on his regular DVD player, only to find out that it was his DVD player which was at fault - doh. Many wasted hours trying to get to the bottom of that one I tell you. Regards,

Jolly