1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK SLOW DOWN

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by buffster, Mar 30, 2005.

1. buffster

buffster Regular member

I have been using dvd shrink for about a month. Its a easy program and it works great. I have a 2 month old HP A820N computer with all the bells ans whistles. Anyway it normally on a 2 hr-2 1/2 hr movie the toal decryp/burn all of it took about 33-38 minutes. It was fast! This morning I burned 2 dvds and it took over 2 hrs. it actually said amount of time on one at 58 minutes. what would cause this slow down? I already de-fraged my system. Is it the dvd shrink program, is it my computer...not enough fans(I heard if your processor gets super hot, it will slow down) true or false? anyway I'm burning alot faster then any of my friends because they have slower processors. Its just very strange that a 97 minutes movie would take 58 minutes to decryt....that doesn't even count the burning process. any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I just built a pretty fast PC, and it usually takes about 45 min to an hour for encode and burn at 4x. My guess is that the one you finished in less than half hour total was a DVD5 (single layer) to begin with and didn't require compression. All Shrink did was decrypt the movie. Am I right?

4. buffster

buffster Regular member

Hi, I'm responding to you with the fast pc. The one I have is supposly super fast two. lets just say most of the films I've been burning on dvd shrink are like stars wars, spiderman, day after tomorrow etc. The total time for any of these all together was under an hour. I could do at least 4 dvds in less then two hours, which I was told was pretty fast. Now all of a sudden its like an hour for everything even a movie thats 90 minutes, so it has slowed down. I've scan disc, defragged, deleted etc. so I'm not sure why this has happened. anyway mAybe this gives alittle more info to my problem. thanks

5. buffster

buffster Regular member

Hi. just to clairy my last response. the total time together was NOT one hour. I meant normally the analizing, the encypt then the actual burn took under an hour for EACH movie. when I re read my thread it was a OOPS. sorry

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

that sounds better. As far as taking longer, do you have any programs running in the background that you didn't before? Are you connected to the internet while you're encoding?