1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got xbox iso need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by loungy, Mar 18, 2007.

1. loungy

loungy Member

i got an xbos iso file i dont wana burn it to disc i wonderd if it was posible to use a virtual drive or somthing to extract the data so i could ftp it to my xbox any help would be apreciated :)

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

You don't even have to use a VD just extract it like a zip or a rar, xbox-scene.com has tools that will allow you to do that (I use xiso just cuz it's easy and I know it).

Degalle

3. loungy

loungy Member

job done everything worked ty vry much :)

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Just get Craxtion4 or Qwix. Both programs are made for makeing and extracting ISO files for Xbox. They can extract it to your PC or extract it strait to the Xbox HDD over FTP. It can also rip games from you DVD drive to your PC. Having one of the two is a must have for all Xbox owners.

5. gamecheif

gamecheif Member

ok i have a qwestion im downloading this torrent and it doesnt have the core file for the xbox to read it it just has parts 1 through 24 and svf(i think that the file) but theres isn't a default.xbe or dash update file in there wat am i supposed to do i have seen alot of torrent file like this and the majority of my games only step i had to do was make the iso this is knew to me.... somene please give me steps to get the game to work on the xbox...
    thanks any help is gladley appreciated

6. steimy

steimy Active member

so, did you try using Winrar to extract the files you downloaded?
    If so what did you get. The only other way i have seen them done is with a splitter program (not the prefered method and most good torrent sites will never have these) where you have to use something like HP Join to join the files back into an ISO.

If you did extract them, get the game files and there is no default.xbe file then you just need to get a different copy.

7. gamecheif

gamecheif Member

yeah um i just get the same file when i extracted it dont know wats wrong but can you tell me the program that joins the isos together

8. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

as stated above, what you have are the rar files - dont bother with the SVF File

go to www.rarlab.com

download Windows WinRar

install it

now go to the folder with all the RAR files

find the file that has the extension RAR or R01 and click it once, press right mouse button then go to the RAR Extract Here

wait 10 minutes for the file to extract

now you will have a file with the ISO extension - being a XBox image ir should be between 1-2 GB in size

fire up Nero, burn image

set speed to 4x and click finalize DVD

click GO or what ever to start it off

wait 10 minutes

hey presto.. all done

9. steimy

steimy Active member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/248020
    there is another post that will help. A common problem for people who are new to this is that in Winrar you have to uncheck the box in the file association section of the settings for ISO. If you do not do this then after you extract it, you will still have an ISO file, but it will have the icon of Winrar and confuse you.