1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems initializing the save feature

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by L-Burna, Aug 10, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am trying to get the Save User Data with PSUL to work using Phoenix V2.3 build 133,but I keep getting network disconnection probs.When I start up my gamecube right with PSO in the ethernet card shows up connected,but when I go through all the option all the way to the last step of setting up a new character right.I open up Phoenix Loader right and click on Save User Data with PSUL and click load right before hitting yes to save my serial.Then I click on yes and see the warp screen,but after a few seconds I get network disconnected.I also get this message on the GameCube when it does this (No.018)Connection attempt failed.If you have a broadband adapter,make sure that your network cable is properly connected to the broadband adapter and that the broadband adapter settings are setup properly.I also pinged it and it says it is connected.I created a character right then went through the network setup.I entered in 192.168.1.32 for my IP address, Subnetmask 255.255.255.0 ,Default Gateway 192.168.1.100,and Preferred DNS Server 192.168.1.100 everything else is blank.The ethernet card on my computer is set to 192.168.1.100 for the IP address,and 255.255.255.0 for the Subnet Mask .I don't see anything wrong on either side,but what do you all think is my problem.I am also using a crossover cable that I normally use for my Xbox.I am using Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 also which should work right.Thanks in advance to whoever helps out.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Anybody have this problem that could help me out.I know it is probably something stupid I did wrong,but I don't know where to look.I was wondering is this problem with the PC side or the actual GameCube side.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I was thinking is my problem the actual crossover cable,because I have been reading older threads and I have seen some other people have the same probs.I was wondering what kind of crossover cable do you all use.I am using a belkin 5e UTP crossover cable right now.The problem could be with the cable I am using right.I don't really know what it is,but it still having this problem.I pretty much use this cable to transfer files from my Xbox all the time,so shouldn't this cable work.I am starting to have doubts about my cable I am using also.I found out I need to find a crossover cable with crossover,x-cross or x-cat written on it,but what brand of crossover cable could I get to narrow it down so I can get it.I was wondering if this would fix my prob or not still trying to get this system to connect at the warp screen of PSO.I also noticed that in one of the older threads which is this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/96721 this is the problem solver right!!!is it the cable I am using which is a 5E crossover cable.I still think it is weird though how a cable can make a difference,but it is true I think.I am trying to find one though any one that will work.I was wondering can somebody hook me up with a good site or either a store I can look for a crossover cable that will work.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just roll an L and pass a incent[/small]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It is very well possible that you have a bad cable even though it works for one application. I recently found a bad cable in my home PC LAN that worked fine when I connected it directly from the PC NIC to the switch, however, when I installed my in-wall CAT5 jacks and used the same cable to connect the PC to the jack to the switch communication would not occurr. After closer inspection I found that when I made the cable I accidentally had switched two of the wires on one end which did not affect it's operation at all when connected directly to the switch but became a problem when I plugged it into a correctly wired wall jack. Point being, you can have a bad cable that works for one application but not another.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Alright I am gonna get a different crossover cable,just to make sure.I also want to thank you Icemonkey for the help.I will give you the details once I get my cable.The cable I am going with is the Belkin RJ45 UTP crossover cable can be found here http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.j...ookmark=bookmark_0&oid=24463&catoid=-8750&m=0 .I hope it fixes this problem I am having.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just roll an L and pass a incent[/small]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey Icemonkey man I found my problem and fixed it today man.It was something I really didn't look at,which was my memory card man.I bought it awhile ago and it is a black madcats memory card,but really similiar to the Nintendo 256 memory card.I thought I had this one which was causing all the probs.The crossover cable I have is also in good shape,and I bought that other one also man.Anyways my GameCube is streaming man,but I am gonna try to work on the Cook burning method real soon man.I bought one of those Nintendo Official 1019 memory cards and it fixed it man.The other thing I had a problem with was the auto settings in the advanced tab of my ethernet card.I had to set my card to 10 half duplex.I am currently trying to find the best program to stream a .iso image or either a .gcm image if anything to make a good image file.I am not real familiar with the Cube man so I am bound to make mistakes here and there.I appreciate the help alot man since you where the only one that was willing to help me out man.Thanks again for helping me out man.