1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by katiehlvr, Jan 28, 2005.

1. katiehlvr

katiehlvr Member

Hi,
    I am trying to burn the forgotten and i have read many post on what to do. I have decrypted it using ISO Read mode, then opened up dvdshrinkand opened disc image and did backup. It encoded up to 24 % then I received an error that said virtual memory was to low. I am running no programs and nothing is in my system tray except for the volume icon. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Any info would be great,
    thanks
    Olena

2. katiehlvr

katiehlvr Member

also wanted to include i am running on a 80 gig hard drive and 2.60 ghz. My machine is pretty good

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

How much physical memory do you have?

Is this your first dvd backup, or have you done others?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

5. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, [bold]she(?)[/bold] did say she'd "read many post on what to do." Really, her problem doesn't sound like it is specifically related to The Forgotten, and she could have just as well left out any reference to the movie title. Her problem isn't ripping it, it is writing it.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well I have read that same exact problem in a couple of those threads already about the virual Memory being low while decoding in Shrink. This is not burning the movie it is Compiling it in Shrink when this happens and it is specific to this movie.

I cant rememember what the fix was off the top of my head, but it's there just do a little research and you will find it.

I don't run into those problems because I only copy the main movie which is all I could suggest you do if you want to get that movie backed up, but if you have to have the extras then read some of the post's.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok Here is what I found

That came from member squizzle in this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/152734

So you see the answer's are out there. I hope this helps you out :)

8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Virtual memory ajustments in XP

If you would like to raise your paging file settings just do the following under XP:
    "Short version"
    Left Click "ONCE" on My Computer to highlight it.
    Right click on "My Computer"
    Left Click on Properties
    Left Click on Advanced Tab
    Left Click on Performance Settings
    Left Click on Advanced Tab under Performance Options
    @ Virtual Memory, Left Click on Change
    Raise it to a level you are comfortable with.

Note: Many say that your PC will perform better if you set Initial size (MB) to the same as Maximum size (MB) since this will not constantly change the size on your HD, accessing it several times with size changes. Since I have two HD's, my secondary is where I use the paging file Virtual Memory and even though I have 1 Gig of PC3200, mine is set at 1536 MB.

9. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

[bold]bbmayo[/bold]

Thanks for posting that. I do remember reading it, but not understanding it. Still don't. My recollection is that in both dvd shrink, and in Roxio Easy DVD Copy, the two versions show up as separate titles (even though they share the same VOB's until the last one). It would have never occured to me to try to copy both to a single dvd5.

What I don't follow in squizzle's post is the stuff about the buffer. But I guess it doesn't matter, and that if "katie" is trying to copy the entire dvd9 to dvd5, then maybe that's the problem?

Again, thanks. I hope "katie" sees it.

10. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

[bold]katiehlvr[/bold]

Using DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 and DVDShrink v3.2 "Backup" both versions of the movie copied fine to a single dvd5. Under Compression Settings I used Custom Ration for Menus, Extras, everything other then "Main Movie". I also only kept the English AC3 5.1 ch and 2 ch. Both movies played extremely well without jumps, pixel problems, etc.