1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with splitting a movie H264

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by PetahG, Mar 30, 2007.

1. PetahG

PetahG Guest

Hi...I have a movie which is about 2 gig big and has these codecs
    Audio: Intel ITU H.264
    Video: ATSC/A-52 Dolby AC3
    In video inspector it says that I dont have these codecs even tho I have no problem viewing this movie on my PC., Now I also have the program movie splitter and joiner. I wanted to split this movie in half so that I can burn it using nero vision so that the file would not have to get compressed and loose its quality.It is too big for a dvd 5 because it needs to expand to burn and needs to go over 4.7gig. POroblem is I dont want to buy a dvd-9 and when I try to load this file unto teh movie splitter it wont let me. Now there are some splitters maybe out there but they ruin teh quality when u split movies or join them. What I am asking is:
    1. Is my problem teh fact that It says I dont have those codecs?
    2. I can't find a place to downlaod those specific codecs!!!
    3. Is there something wrong with the file, movie?
    4. The program just doesn't support those codecs?
    5. I have no idea!!!
    6. Any ideas any one?
    So basically im open to any suggestions on hwo to split thsi file in half or burn it unto two dvds so i dont loose quality. Any help is much appreciated.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

3. PetahG

PetahG Guest

its actually 1080i..I know ill loose quality no matter what if I am converting it but ill use less if I have a bigger disk. Because when I am burning it with nerovision the program streches the movie out when it converts it but it needs to strech it out further than 4.7. Tahst when teh program asks me if I have a dvd9 because other wise itllk compress it a bit. Now the movie looks good enough on dvd 5 since its a 1080i I was just trying to get the best out if it I can