1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iomega 12x help im new!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by liam2462, Nov 7, 2004.

1. liam2462

liam2462 Member

i recently purchased an iomega super dvd writer 12x and i have no idea how to use it.i dont even know if i can copy store bought dvds but i didnt but it for that but it would be nice to be able to backthem up.if anyone knows how to use this thing and copy dvd's please let me know i am new.any help would be appreciated.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OK then, I take you have not fitted your drive into your PC yet? Are you able to do this, or can you get a friend to do it for you? If not you will have to take the whole kit & caboodle to your PC shop. If you already have it fitted then you will need to get dvd shrink installed on your HD. As most on this forum will tell you this is probably the best prog out there for copying dvds with. You have to tell us EXACTLY what you want to do with your burner before we can help you. What sort of files etc do you want to copy. I, personally, have dvdshrink, dvdxplatinumRF, Nero6, Alcohol 120% & I have dvd43 for free & AnyDvd for encryption, macrovision & CSS problems. You need to use good media, like Ritek, there are lots of forums in afterdawn to answer most of you questions. I really only use my set up for copying dvds & making copies of copies. Read & write times are all down to your system spec. With my specs(seen below) I can read a 7.5gig movie dvd in about 25 mins & burn it in about 12-13mins. I use Imation 4xRW media. Hope this points you in the right direction, don't be afraid of asking ANY question at all. We all had to start somewhere & I have found this forum to be the most informative, helpful, friendly & often outrageously funny one out there! (by the way would you please punctuate your sentences, as it makes it very difficult for us to decipher at times.TA!)
    Kind Regards,
    Pulsar.

3. liam2462

liam2462 Member

thank you for the quick reply.my burner is external and i have it installed.i installed the dvd shrink like you suggested.i havent tried it yet so im not sure how to use it.i would like to make copies of dvd's if you could explain how to do that.any other help please let me know.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OK, go to the shrink guide in this forum, there are lots of guides to use. Is you burner USB2 or USB1? USB1 is not quick enough to transfer all the data & can case problems. Use good media, Ritek etc, again there are many threads on this subject. I have found that just clicking a few buttons & "having a go" is the best way to learn! I love to jump in with both feet & to hell with the consequences! I would use RW media, to eliminate coasters & to get used to the software. This forum is spot on for top tips!
    Kind Regards,
    Pulsar.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Oh CRAP! I forgot to mention that shrink only makes the files fit onto the disc, you need a burner to burn it with. Nero 6.3 works really well with shrink & when you have it set up, it becomes a one click job. It does it all for you. Sorry for any confusion caused. Also, packet writing software (inCD4 etc...) should not be installed. It can cause problems. Don't use Roxio. Most here would like to burn it at the stake! Sorry for any confusion. My head hurts!!

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I am not as worldly as most on shrink, hence my indiscretions in my instructions!