1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg2 to dvd-r question

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by gpeccary, Dec 1, 2004.

1. gerlep

gerlep Member

The FFMPEGX prog worked a treat and the quality was quite good too. Thx for your help. I am using the DATA tab in Toast as you would do with a Ripped DVD and that was successful. The one thing I haven't worked out though, is that I tried to drag two separate converted avi files with the hope that I could see two items as in a menu on the DVD, but could only play one, and it played as soon as launched. ie: there was no menu. How do I go about creating that? So I can access a menu and i see 2 or 3 or even 4 differents shows to watch?

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

In that case you would select the video tab and drop your video files on the toast window. Over to your left you'd select vcd or dvd and there's a button that says something like "create menu." Select that.

3. gerlep

gerlep Member

Yeah for once i got the jump on you :) and tried that and it worked a treat, and the encoding this time took less than 15 minutes. Not sure if you have achieved this yourself, but I get the feeling that even though each avi file is around 140MB and I am burining them onto a 4.7GB disc, that in theory I should be able to get a good few of these on, would that be right?

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

That question will depend on the acutal TIME of the files...

5. gpeccary

gpeccary Member

the files that i am having a prob with now are:

mpeg2 muxed 480x360 1600kbps
    audio: mp2 44.1khz 224kbps

the files that I have that work are mpeg1 files

when I ran it through ffmpegx to make a dvd ts folder everything worked but i got audio and no vid. when i ran it through diva to make a mpeg4 mov out of it i got vid with no audio.

any ideas?

thanks

6. Londor

Londor Guest

7. gpeccary

gpeccary Member

I already have that upgrade. I don't see how this would be the problem. If I take this mpeg2 file and drop it onto Toast 6 titanium it says it is an incompatible file type. I related in the previous message what problems I had with ffmpegx and diva.

8. Londor

Londor Guest

Can you play the file in QT?

9. gpeccary

gpeccary Member

It plays fine in QT. I don't know if it is the audio stream type or the resoluion or what. Thanks for the help.