1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help (big time)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mike2k5, Feb 21, 2005.

1. mike2k5

mike2k5 Member

ok i downloaded call of duty,and it came down as one .rar file,i extract it with zipey pro,kinda like winrar, so when i extracted it gave me 30 files and and iso image.my question is do i burn the iso image that was extracted or do i use Xiso to convert the 30files that have names like r00,r01 etc..,and then burn that iso image. wat do i do?

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

The r00, r01, r02 etc, need to be opened and extracted with WinRAR as well. That should give you the ISO you need (30 files x 50MB, sounds right).

Just curious though, how big is the ISO that came out the first time you extracted?

Also, see here.. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/152752

3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

if you have winrar, try to open the iso image because if winrar won't open/can't open the iso then it's already an xiso and you can just burn that stright to the disc as long as it was created right and if not, just extract the first one (ie r00) somewhere where ever you want and it should come up with the exact or different iso image, and then samething as above just try to open it with winrar and if it can't try to burn it.

Degalle

4. dj_kush

dj_kush Member

This got me too when I first started out...

Okay. Take the downloaded file (rar/tar, etc)

Extract this to a folder (desktop folder will do)

once extracted inside that folder you'll find the r01, r02, r03, etc files. if you've got winrar installed they'll appear as archive folders. extract the first one in the list and it will automatically pick out all the others in the series and will extract the main iso file from these.
    this should take about 5-10 mins tops.

now burn this iso to your dvd/cd-rw

enjoy