1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help!!...vcd on dvd player runs black...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by alcross51, Oct 2, 2002.

1. alcross51

alcross51 Guest

please,need some help...
    after encoding a movie"avi" to "vcd" using TMPGenc,i used NERO to burn the file to a cdr(4x),then i tried to run it on my living room dvd player wich is VCD compatible and the sound was good but there was no image,the screen was all black.
    i´d apreciate if some1 could help me,thanks.

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Before burning, did you test your MPEG using one of the software players on your PC, ie did it show the picture then whilst running off the hard drive?

Does it play in your DVD player or CD player on your PC?

Paul.

3. loaded

Before burning, did you test your MPEG using one of the software players on your PC, ie did it show the picture then whilst running off the hard drive?

Does it play in your DVD player or CD player on your PC?

Paul.

Bugger, pressed the reply button twice. Oh well....

Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  4. alcross51

alcross51 Guest

hi,hello d:)
    well i tried 2 read it with my cdrom and well...i cant open it,some files appear such as:cdi,ext,mpegav,segment,vcd;and each of them with sub files and i cant open any of them...
    Thanks alot d;-)

5. loaded

Did you follow the guide on this site to create your VCD, ie did you rip it with SmartRipper, convert the .vob with DVD2AVI, encode with TMPGEnc and cut the pieces with Merge and Cut in TMPGEnc into 70 minute VCD chunks?

If so, during the DVD2AVI stage, did the movie show on the screen when you pressed F5

Also, did you get a preview on TMPGEnc?

Paul.

By the way, if you are new to this, use the Nero wizard and select compile new CD, then select other CD formats, then VideoCD.

Let me know, so we can get to the bottom of this.

6. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

loaded I think he just downloaded the avi ....I dont think he ripped it himself. alcross51 you might want to open the .dat file on the vcd you burned and play it with wndows media player if it plays good. did the video play after you encoded it with Tmpgenc?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2002
  7. alcross51

alcross51 Guest

hi,thank u both for your kindness.
    yes, i downloaded the avi file, i proceeded exactly as shown on the guide,but during the encoding process there was no image on the preview and after the encoding i tried to run it and the following appeared:"error code: 80070003 the system could not locate the specified path(or something like this).
    can this be a codec missing??
    oh, i forgot,while analising the file information on virtual dub, the file was 12.500 fps,when it should be 25.000 right??
    sincerly grateful d;-)
    alcross

8. loaded

Yes, that is 25 fps for PAL, so you must be in Europe, maybe England.

Perhaps you downloaded a TMD file. Bear in mind much of what you download from P2P is nonsense, however, TMD have some codecs which run their .avi files. Can't remember their address, so do a search on TMD in the forums here. I posted a few threads explaining about TMD, and I think there is a link there.

Good luck.

Paul.

9. alcross51

alcross51 Guest

oh,thank u so much!
    yes its a (tmd)file so i guess thats it,ill do my search.
    ...by the way,im in portugal(pal).
    thanks m8! d:)

alcross

10. loaded

Always nice to meet a new member, especially one in another country. TMD files are often blatently ripped off. You will need to research about their codecs and players, all of which can be downloaded from the Internet. Look in the following links for information about TMD, then use their forums to help you along with the Afterdawn forums for your encoding and burning etc.

Paul

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/4464

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3292

11. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Definately sounds like your missing the tmd codec ...you might want to get Smr's codec also and I have tried the ace mega codecs pack and it works great I resorted to using it when I couldnt get any other codecs to work....just a bit of info for you to ponder.....