1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Major Help Please!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Gretta, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Gretta

Gretta Guest

Hi
    I have not been in the forum in a while. You guys help me so much with my dvd dopying previously.

I have a problem now now sure what is going on. I have dvd x copy platnum. and I can not copy any of my movies. I just purchased some and it will not let me copy any of them

Now i know that not too long ago I went on and added the windows pack2 to my computer would that have anything to do with it.
    I can not make a copy at all. now.. the latest message said something about encryted something.

I was backing up my movies pretty good up until this point. Could someone help me out please. thanks :)

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Gretta,

Do you think you could provide a bit more information ?

What are your PC's specs ?

What steps are you taking prior to receiving your errors ?

EXACTLY what does the error say ?

Do you have a RF version of XCopy or a ripper version ?

Have you tried any other programs ?

Which ones ?

Let's get answers for all of the questions so we know where to start -

Cheers,

Pete

3. Gretta

Gretta Guest

Opps my bad
    Ok here are my pc stat
    I am running windows xp
    i have 1024 mb of ram 2.8 ghz pent4 80 gb hd with 33 gb remaining.

I am running dvd x copy express Rf with a ripper inside of it.
    umm the version is 4.0.4.15

umm i just downloaded the dvd shrink but i never used anything else.
    I hope i posted everything.

4. Gretta

Gretta Guest

Oh i oringally had dvd x copy platnum upgraded express 4.0.4 and then added a ripper inside. I installed 321RIP.exe.
    it was working fine.
    i just tried to do and now it will not back any of my movies i just purchased.

5. Gretta

Gretta Guest

oh and my burner is a sony dru530a

6. Gretta

Gretta Guest

ok another thing i thought i should tell you

the drive i usually put the movies in I tried to look at one and i got this message in real player:
    The DVD cannot be played. Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed.
    and this messagein windows media: Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a problem occurred with digital copyright protection.

what is going on? does this have anything to do with the windows sercutiry pack 2?

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Gretta,

Actually it does. The new Win Media Player tries to control everyhting.

You can try going to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, DVD/CD ROM Drives. Right-click on your Drives and select "Uninstall". Then "OK" out of everything and reboot your PC. When you begin to boot up again, your PC should find your drives and reinstall them. Hopefully they'll be fine.

Me, I just uninstalled the SP2 and I'll wait until they have the bugs out if it for a while -

Now what we'll do for now is hook you up with a good copy system (much better than XCopy and once you're set up, easier and if you don't mind spending time, a far superior backup.

You're 1/2 way there with DVD Shrink - follow this guide (about 1/2 of the way down the page) and you'll be backing up DVD's in 20 minutes -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Remember to stop back and tell me how you made out -

Pete

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  8. Gretta

Gretta Guest

Hi I did everything you just told me to do.. well i uninstall the dvd hardware and I restarted it and still have the same problem.
    I am so ready to cry.. i so hate computer problems.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey, hey, No crying around here.

We've all hit a wall using XCopy at one time or another - consider this your time -

Now is the time to use the guide at the end of my last post and use better proggys to do your work -

Off you go now and use that guide :)

Pete

10. Gretta

Gretta Guest

question how do i uninstall the microsoft thing??

i will go look at the guide now. I stayed up all night long trying to figure it out.

11. Gretta

Gretta Guest

I tried it and nothing worked :(
    umm. i notice that in the turoial it said that decrypt wil cme up by itself it ddi not odo that after i press back up and it finsihed backup the file
    so i am thinking now wha. of course i did not pay any attention as to where the file is on my computer. LOL
    I looked in the folder i made but i see nothing. so where is it??
    any where i do not know what to do from here at all.

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Gretta,

You should be able to do that through - Control Panel, Add / Remove proggys, Add/ Remove Windows components. OR just go to System Restore and jump back before you installed SP2.

AFA, using my guide, PRINT IT OUT and follow it step by step, All the settings are there and it should work fine - You won't "SEE" DVD Decrypter open, it will just burn and when it's finished, you'll hear it's little tune play :)

Look back in the "Backup" window, the address where you sent the file is still there :)

At the very end I told you, at the "Select target image file", Browse till you find your created folder for your backup, Then click "Save", then "OK" and you were done. PRINT OUT THE GUIDE so you don't miss any steps.

To insure you don't have any more trouble, go to msconfig, Startup, "Click" Disable all, Ok, then Ok again to reboot the computer. Remember, DO NOT TOUCH THE PC WHILE IT'S WORKING. It needs 100% of it's resources to do your work. Trying to "multi-task will ruin your backup job.

Pete

13. andy248

andy248 Member

if i were u i wood u the programme clone dvd 2.2. its brilliant i have never had 1 problem with it try winmx u can download it from there

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

andy248,

I'm not sure but I think you're talking about CloneDVD 2. It may be all well and good to suggest programs BUT that program can't operate on it's own. It requires something like AnyDVD to rip the program before it can be used.

My point ? Not everyone that comes here has the $70.00 (USD) or more to go purchase 2 programs when there are others that do it better and are FREE. AnyDVD doesn't always rip the DVD well enough so that ColoneDVD can use it AND it's quality isn't as good as DVD Shrink when used with Deep Analysis and Quality Enhancement.

Please check your PM mail, thanks

Pete

15. Gretta

Gretta Guest

Pet,
    I have a question. Why all of sudden would my dvd x copy stop making compies.
    I have taken the microsoft package off my pc and i even did a restore back to 10/21/04.
    i am going to try it again.
    i followed the directions very slowy. i will do it again and see what happens.

I do not think the dvd drive is going bad for i can still use it to look at things but i just can not see movies or burn them. i have not treid copying any bd's . I think i will try that as well.

any hoo. going to try ti again. bbl
    thanks for the help

16. Gretta

Gretta Guest

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!
    woo hoo
    i only did one. i will play some more tomorrow.
    the one i was trying tobackup I just got it and we like it alot but it is something with it.
    it starts at the middle and the beginning is in the middle i never saw anything like this at all.
    however when we play it it starts from the beginning.

thanks for the help. i will try some more tomorrow. :)

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

There Ya go, that's my Gal !

Congrats ! ! !

Hey, we're glad you're burning up a storm :)
    Consider this an invitation, stop on back, don't be a stranger, you're welcome even if you don't have problems to solve -

You can just "Hang out" and read some, improve your knowledge, help others if you can spot their problem, 3 heads are better than 2 (said the Cyclops to the Ogre) Or you could hang out in the "Safety Valve," a forum for gossiping about anything and everything under the sun :)

Check de place out, you just might find a little something that'll interest you -

Me ? Hey, I'll be over there, out from under that broiling hot sun, under the "Potted" Palm, right next to the water cooler. Just chewin' the fat and waiting for the next Newbie who needs a bit "O" help - Stop by and say "Howdy" -

I'll be lQQking forward to Sea'n you,

Cheers my friend,

Pete :p)

18. Gretta

Gretta Guest

sorry Pete
    i was in the bed all day yesterday.
    i just thought i would pop on and see if you posted back
    thanks again for the help.
    I will see if i can pop in now and again. :D

19. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You get some rest - we don't want our "Budding burners" all "Sickie-Poo" and laid-up - ;(

Cheers,

Pete